PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 423 series drum/dv replacement

Custom Search

brent
05-30-2012, 05:21 PM
seems there are tons of steps when you go to replace the drum unit. and developer at the same time. you could do them seperately. but there are lots of adjustments. ie.. gradation etc to do on each consumable item. how is everyone doing this. I actually just replace both drum unit and developer at the same time and run the gradation adjust in the book. but there is another set of adjustments for the drum unit as well. as well as the drum dry to begin with. any one else find an easier way to do all this? seems I like the 350 better now. it was easier. I am thinking of condensing all these adjustments into a 2 page hand out instead of keeping my service book with me on each call. just open for suggestions. thanks
brent

CompyTech
05-30-2012, 07:24 PM
Haven't done too many of these(yet). Maybe 1 or 2. The 350 series was way easy, didn't even have to turn off the machine to change the parts. When I changed a drum on a 282 I just followed the instructions but kind of modified them abit. :) I like that you can dump dev without having to take the cover off but found out its easier to just remove it and dump it. still have to use the D's collar covers. I like that they include a new PD filter with the drum.

Seems like Konica will make two steps forward then make one back somewhere when a new series comes out. At least we can say goodbye and good riddance to those old 751 and 501 series.

brent
05-30-2012, 08:25 PM
yes you are right. I am so tired of the 420 421 series. those toner bottles are so hard to install. they instantly triggered a c2403. what I like about the 423 series machines mostly so far is the color scanning and the toner bottle is nearly impossible to install wrong... but I guess I shouldn't have said that.. lol

CompyTech
05-30-2012, 11:12 PM
yes you are right. I am so tired of the 420 421 series. those toner bottles are so hard to install. they instantly triggered a c2403. what I like about the 423 series machines mostly so far is the color scanning and the toner bottle is nearly impossible to install wrong... but I guess I shouldn't have said that.. lol
Yeah it's a good little machine. It's funny you mentioned that about the toner. I got a service call few weeks ago for blue copies on a C360. The cyan was loaded in the black slot. I laughed so hard. The fix was to load k toner and just run it out. What's even funnier is that was the second time it happened. Lmfao

brent
05-30-2012, 11:57 PM
I would be upset as a technician if I seen that... crazy end users..

brent

blackcat4866
05-31-2012, 01:30 AM
Like you, I replace drum, developer, transfer roller together.

There aren't really that many adjustments:
Reset life counts: Don't forget ozone filter, paper dust collector, transfer roller, drum time, developer time.
TCR sensor adjust
Gradation

That's really all of it. On the 10th PM one I finally found the ozone filter. There's a little white clip directly over the drum unit. The filter might get clogged in an industrial environment, but in an office there's hardly any dust at all.

I've only had two non-PM calls.
On the first, the customer busted the right door latch at the front (producing light banding/poor transfer).
On the second the customer threw away the punch hole receptacle. You say "Why ... ?" Great question. I can't imagine why.

=^..^=

JR2ALTA
05-31-2012, 02:31 AM
I did a PM and had background afterward, very disappointing.

Also disappointing is that Konica still cannot solve the worlds greatest mystery of DESIGNING A FUSER THAT DOESN'T SCRAPE THE HEAT ROLLER AGAINST THE THERMOSTAT!

Be sure to keep the ADF top cover latch in stock, the rear side breaks easily.

And like the 200,250,350 toner/developer likes to dump into the registration bushings, causing squeaks and gumming everything up.

But hey, we don't have the remove the bypass to change tray 2 feed wheels..yippie

brent
05-31-2012, 06:03 AM
yes you do not have to take the bypass off to do a second tray feed. but on the down side. the 350 you had to take the back cover off to take that plug off that other clutch drive inside the machine. I got good at that though... I had the 350 with 380k with the original fuser. then it died. I am noticing that the fusers on the 423 series is more light duty. pros and cons to each.

brent

brent
06-20-2012, 08:17 PM
just another quick comment on this. I can not seem to find the thread I started on turning off the replace developer message. and replace pc drum message. it seems that I went to a few of my machines and tried to do the steps required to turn those messages off. but i tdid not work. could someone help me out. the proper way to eliminate those messages. I recall the toner add message would not be displayed then>?
thanks for your help

brent

acusso1234
06-20-2012, 10:04 PM
just another quick comment on this. I can not seem to find the thread I started on turning off the replace developer message. and replace pc drum message. it seems that I went to a few of my machines and tried to do the steps required to turn those messages off. but i tdid not work. could someone help me out. the proper way to eliminate those messages. I recall the toner add message would not be displayed then>?
thanks for your help

brent

I've experienced the same last week, changed the value of the soft switches w/o success.
A friend of mine told me that you have to do firmware first...I can say that you can simply clear the counters w/o the need to change anything. Done that 3 times and all works fine.

brent
06-20-2012, 10:28 PM
if a guy could just zero out those drum and developer unit counters that would be great. the 3510 series machine no prob. the bizhub 350 series it went into a atdc malfuction or something like that
so you have had success by just zeroing out those counters? no problems?

anybody else just clearing out the counters?

brent

EarthKmTech
06-20-2012, 10:28 PM
we change drum, dev unit, developer, transfer roller & ozone filter on the same drum call. fusing unit and paper feed tray rollers as required. (checked on this call)

reset counters, run tcr adjustment and gradation adjustments - never have ANY problems what so ever with this range. Brilliant machine. (the early ADF is a piece of crap, but once modified correctly to late version its perfect)

brent
06-20-2012, 10:32 PM
that is what we do as well with a lot of our customers. our cost per copy customers I would love to get 2 cycles out of the drum unit and developer change. if the copy quality became bad during the second cycle I would replace without hesitation. on our chargable customers I would not even think of just resetting counters and not replacing the units. I know that konica minolta would rather us replace the parts every time. so the copy quality is superb and they keep selling us units. lol

thanks
brent

EarthKmTech
06-20-2012, 10:57 PM
you could try resetting the relevant counters at 30-50% of life on one machine as a test and see how it goes. At least then when the machine asks for parts the customer see's you changing parts and feels no cause for concern and is totally unaware of any cost saving measures :cool:

This is what we used to do when i worked at a dealer on older machines...

getting out to see them regularly may be a problem if you don't have regular site visits etc..

brent
06-20-2012, 11:01 PM
that makes sence. as long as it didn't screw the machine up. like I said earlier. if you reset a bizhub 200 back to zero it would throw a c2557 or something like that. then you have to change the items out

brent

EarthKmTech
06-20-2012, 11:59 PM
hence why i would try it on just one machine first :cool:

someones gotta be the brave one to press the button and see what happens then every one will know ;)

mervyn
06-22-2012, 01:24 PM
There is special firmware for this model to switch off drum and dev counts same as C360 , these units will do 200k+ copies without needing drum and dev replaced and without copy quality issues.

bseeley1844
07-16-2012, 09:42 PM
The FW is not always even necessary anymore as the base FW includes this. It is not just changing the softsw, you must also go into the enhanced security and set Drum/Dev to "no stop".

Setting the softsw just gets rid of the message on the screen. Leaving the "no stop" setting to "stop" I would imagine would confuse you when there is no message but the machine stops lol...

Mr. Joshua
07-23-2012, 11:20 PM
Anyone else seeing the same problems with the machine eating drums like the 350 series? Konica has escalated this to Japan but I don't understand how they could make the same mistake again.

SmellsHot
07-24-2012, 01:24 PM
Whatta ya expect when all they pretty much did is change the dev unit connector :D

stedros
07-24-2012, 02:02 PM
I've experienced the same last week, changed the value of the soft switches w/o success.
A friend of mine told me that you have to do firmware first...I can say that you can simply clear the counters w/o the need to change anything. Done that 3 times and all works fine.

go to the service mode it under counter - life-then select drum unit and clear ,then also touch on developer and clear the worn there wil go away.

Custom Search