PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 600/750 extract raw data with total print,copy and scan count

Custom Search

brianho80
06-05-2012, 05:33 AM
Hi guys,

does anyone try to extract complete data from bizhub 600/750??

i'm using pagescope data administration currently to export the user/account authentication list but it only show the total count of each user.

i.m expecting it will extract data like what we print out from machine account list with full details like Print , Scan , copy, fax count etc..

anyone try this before?

TheOwl
06-06-2012, 12:09 AM
I'm pretty sure that if you do an Export from the web interface for the counters, you should get that information.

PageScope Data Administrator is mainly for pushing and retrieving information from machines as a backup or for deploying to multiple devices.

Something else that might interest you, but it costs money for the licence is PageScope Enterprise Suite with the Authentication Manager. This means that your device would authenticate with the PSES server rather than locally and you can get your reports from PSES. There are also other options avaiable with PSES incase you wanted to take it to the next level.

Another option which is similar to PSES is PaperCut MF which does the same thing as PSES, but it is a lot easier to use.

brianho80
06-06-2012, 01:23 AM
I'm pretty sure that if you do an Export from the web interface for the counters, you should get that information.

PageScope Data Administrator is mainly for pushing and retrieving information from machines as a backup or for deploying to multiple devices.

Something else that might interest you, but it costs money for the licence is PageScope Enterprise Suite with the Authentication Manager. This means that your device would authenticate with the PSES server rather than locally and you can get your reports from PSES. There are also other options avaiable with PSES incase you wanted to take it to the next level.

Another option which is similar to PSES is PaperCut MF which does the same thing as PSES, but it is a lot easier to use.

Does PaperCut MF need to pay for license?? any free software which can retrieve information from machine in full details which easy for us to do summarize in excel format.

morpk
06-06-2012, 03:01 AM

Yeah we are a PaperCut MF dealer here on the gold coast and i love the program.

TheOwl
06-06-2012, 03:13 AM
PaperCut isn't free and changes where the account information is kept.

When using PaperCut, the print, copy and scan logs are kept on the PaperCut server which can then provide exactly what you are after.

I haven't done any digging on the 600 / 700 machines as far as accounts, but there could be the possibility that you could extract the information with an SNMP walk tool. You can find the software for free, but pinning down the exact OID's that you need will cost you more in time than it will for PaperCut MF and a licence.

Did you try the export from the web interface yet?

morpk
06-06-2012, 04:28 AM
PaperCut isn't free and changes where the account information is kept.

When using PaperCut, the print, copy and scan logs are kept on the PaperCut server which can then provide exactly what you are after.

I haven't done any digging on the 600 / 700 machines as far as accounts, but there could be the possibility that you could extract the information with an SNMP walk tool. You can find the software for free, but pinning down the exact OID's that you need will cost you more in time than it will for PaperCut MF and a licence.

Did you try the export from the web interface yet?

I'm 95 % sure that the PaperCut embedded is not compatible with BH 600/750 it is with 601/751

TheOwl
06-06-2012, 07:20 AM
PaperCut is compatible with any Konica Minolta that runs an API version of 2.6.1 and higher or version 3.1 and higher.

Seeing as the Konica Minoltas have been running API interfaces since the introduction of the C450 and the C250, then you just need to check the version API the machine is running.

There are also solution ROMs that you can install on the Konica Minoltas which just raises the API version.

brianho80
06-06-2012, 03:32 PM
PaperCut isn't free and changes where the account information is kept.When using PaperCut, the print, copy and scan logs are kept on the PaperCut server which can then provide exactly what you are after.I haven't done any digging on the 600 / 700 machines as far as accounts, but there could be the possibility that you could extract the information with an SNMP walk tool. You can find the software for free, but pinning down the exact OID's that you need will cost you more in time than it will for PaperCut MF and a licence.Did you try the export from the web interface yet?I had tried export out from web interface but the report is not what i want, it showing user list and their permission output.I think need to figure other way to do it.

TheOwl
06-06-2012, 11:28 PM
Try this one on the web interface:

1. Login in as Administrator
2. Maintenance
3. Import/Export
4. Counter
5. There should be a field to select user counts
6. Download

brianho80
06-08-2012, 04:00 PM
Try this one on the web interface: