PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Another Bizhub 250 Touch Panel?

Custom Search

blackdog
06-06-2012, 11:32 PM
Hello to everyone out there, this is my very first post. YeeHaa!
Anyway down to business.
How in the world does one get into Tech Service Mode when touch display won't respond.
I installed a new Touch Panel with negitive results.
I've surfed past post on this issue and nada.
Thanks for your time, Blackdog :cool:

EarthKmTech
06-07-2012, 10:58 AM
Hello to everyone out there, this is my very first post. YeeHaa!
Anyway down to business.
How in the world does one get into Tech Service Mode when touch display won't respond.
I installed a new Touch Panel with negitive results.
I've surfed past post on this issue and nada.
Thanks for your time, Blackdog :cool:

did you replace the control panel or just the touch panel glass ?

if just the glass, replace the board the touch panel glass ribbon cable connects to, its fried.

Hansoon
06-07-2012, 12:30 PM
(Are we talking about the Bizhub BW-250 or Bizhub C-250 btw?)

With around 60+ Bizhubs BW-250/350 in the field we had 7 units with a nonfunctional touch panel until now caused only by the touch panel itself. Luckily no fried boards yet.

However, I would try first once again to reseat the ribbon cable and all of the other connectors.

After doing this restart the machine with the main switch at the back. Not only with the Operator Panel switch.

Hans

blackdog
06-07-2012, 12:45 PM
(Are we talking about the Bizhub BW-250 or Bizhub C-250 btw?)

With around 60+ Bizhubs BW-250/350 in the field we had 7 units with a nonfunctional touch panel until now caused only by the touch panel itself. Luckily no fried boards yet.

However, I would try first once again to reseat the ribbon cable and all of the other connectors.

After doing this restart the machine with the main switch at the back. Not only with the Operator Panel switch.

Hans

Bizhub 250
Thanks Hans, have resetted panel several times, and used main power switch.
Odd thing is, customer had said old touch panel had worked off and on and then finally quit.
I hate to persue mfb as I am not 50% sure mfb is issue.
Is it possiable display is defective?

Hansoon
06-07-2012, 02:09 PM
I will get slapped for this but:

Hopefully not offending you but did you put the touch panel right way around? I mean the plastic foil on top and the glass side backwards?

Hans

blackdog
06-07-2012, 05:35 PM
I will get slapped for this but:

Hopefully not offending you but did you put the touch panel right way around? I mean the plastic foil on top and the glass side backwards?

Hans

No offence taken, but just in case I had a brain cloud at the time of install
I did try the reverse side.
I was there this morning and did a reinstall to no avale.
The touch panel is working as I can see in image change as I run my finger across it.
Just that none of the functions will activate.
Any clues?

Hansoon
06-07-2012, 06:08 PM
That means there is a clear visible image of all the buttons? Did you calibrate the touch panel?* Does it beep when you touch it? (provided the buzzer is activated)

Hans

*Do a warm restart by using the tiny push button under the cover besides the NIC socket. A few seconds after the Minolta Logo appears in the display, you will see a tiny dot along the left edge of the screen. Right in this moment you hit key #3 and you will be asked for a pass code. Enter 8 times a 0 and confirm with "end". Here you can now start the touch panel adjustment by hitting exactly in the middle of the crosses going clockwise. Leave with "exit"

blackdog
06-07-2012, 07:52 PM
That means there is a clear visible image of all the buttons? Did you calibrate the touch panel?* Does it beep when you touch it? (provided the buzzer is activated)

Hans

*Do a warm restart by using the tiny push button under the cover besides the NIC socket. A few seconds after the Minolta Logo appears in the display, you will see a tiny dot along the left edge of the screen. Right in this moment you hit key #3 and you will be asked for a pass code. Enter 8 times a 0 and confirm with "end". Here you can now start the touch panel adjustment by hitting exactly in the middle of the crosses going clockwise. Leave with "exit"

Sorry for misunderstanding, no functions will work using touch panel.
Much like a lcd computer screen when you touch it you can see an imprint, so I assume the touch panel is working.
Can't do a warm reset as touch panel is not available for those functions.
Maybe perthKMTECH is on to something with fried board?

EarthKmTech
06-07-2012, 10:26 PM
i should of been more specific,

I meant the board in the control panel that the touch pad ribbon cable connects to.

its always either the pad or the board.

ordering both is usually getting up in price near the same as the entire control panel though, hence why many people dont bother trying to repair them and just replace the complete panel. In my experience it has been the pad sometimes, and sometimes the board, you can never be certain.

blackdog
06-07-2012, 10:47 PM

I meant the board in the control panel that the touch pad ribbon cable connects to.

ordering both is usually getting up in price near the same as the entire control panel though, hence why many people dont bother trying to repair them and just replace the complete panel. In my experience it has been the pad sometimes, and sometimes the board, you can never be certain.

Thanks for that. I have a price quote request into PR for that item.
The board you are referring to is the larger of the three.

blackdog
06-09-2012, 12:04 AM

You were 100% correct on the replacing the board.
Big thanks to the person from the Land Down Under.

fixthecopier
06-09-2012, 01:18 PM
You were 100% correct on the replacing the board.
Big thanks to the person from the Land Down Under.

You should thank him by clicking on the little 6 point star in the left hand corner of his post and give him a good review.

Custom Search