PDA

View Full Version : Ikon Bus. Pro 550C - AKA BH Pro C5500

Custom Search

CompyTech
06-07-2012, 10:15 PM
Customer has one of these rebranded bizhubs, their current company is going to drop service on it. We might take it over. It appears to be 95% Konica Minolta except for the toner bottles. I have never seen one of these before but I work of 950s and C552s. Is there any advice on servicing these, any thing to look out for problem wise? As far as I can tell only thing has been replaced on it was feed rollers. Looks like other parts were replaced only when quality failed.

PS. I don't know if I should have posted this here, but since it's mostly KM I thought I would post here.

Thanks

Gort
06-09-2012, 10:05 PM
The KM C5500 are not for the untrained, they can be difficult to troubleshoot if you have never worked on this series.
I would be concerned:
1) "As far as I can tell only thing has been replaced on it was feed rollers. Looks like other parts were replaced only when quality failed."
2) "Their current company is going to drop service on it."
WHY???
$$$$

CompyTech
06-10-2012, 05:16 PM
#1: Yes, according to the management list. that's why if we take over I have a whole list of stuff to replace. The machine is at about 2m. From a business stand point we should charge them for parts if we take over and have to replace stuff. But I'm not involved in that part. Unfortunately we've been down this road before with KM natl accounts too btw. But those are machines that we've seen or been trained on.

#2: I don't know really. I think there are some politics involved. Ikon is no longer in our area. The company that took over their service. Probably wants to change them out for Cannons. I don't see how they are just going to drop service esp. when the customer paid for it. This all stinks of bad business practice. I don't think we should do this at all. If we do get the account we should put in a brand new machine. Esp. one we are trained on lol.

WaveyDavey
06-13-2012, 03:04 PM
if its done 2m then its not far off its expected product life
as said above its not for the faint hearted and also not easy on your pocket

CompyTech
06-13-2012, 03:13 PM
Thanks,

That's what I was thinking too. We gave them a quote for like $8k which would include parts and labor. They decided to buy a decked out C652 from us instead.(thank goodness) :)

Custom Search