PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 363 scanning question

Custom Search

brent
06-11-2012, 05:13 AM
scanning is fine. when a scan hits the computer and is pulled up. customer wants to change wording onthe image and print it. I was told at one time that it had to be an acrobat or adobe 6. what do we need to do to make it so they can adjust or edit. then print that. thanks
brent

Shadow
06-11-2012, 05:54 AM
if they are scanning it in as a PDF, and have Microsoft Office 2010 then they will be able to edit the document in word.
If they have Office 2007 installed then they would have to make sure that they have the updates for opening and working with PDF files in word.
the other option is a pdf editing program.

kronical
06-11-2012, 01:44 PM
The concept of manipulating scanned documents has been around since scanning has been. Very simply put, you need OCR software to convert it back to an editable format. Word 2010 may have built in ocr capabilities as mentioned not sure about 2007plugins.

brent
06-11-2012, 03:00 PM
I will check today and get back to you guys. she said she had adobe 9 or 10

brent

emujo
06-11-2012, 04:08 PM
You need either a 3rd party OCR software, or you can install the LK on the MFP. This will allow the document to OCR'd prior to delivery to the scan destination...Adobe reader can't OCR the image on its own, you must have the full version of Acrobat to do this..The LK kit is the easy way to go and cheaper than Acrobat..plus, it will allow TIFF and PDFs to be OCR'd. Should be an easy sell. Emujo

SmellsHot
06-11-2012, 04:25 PM
Word 2010 works for OCR.... weird.....

TheOwl
06-11-2012, 11:34 PM
I believe that you can get an OCR kit for this machine which is something like an LK-103.

This will enable searchable PDF's to be scanned in and saved directly on a computer / server without any 3rd party software. While it will only scan documents as searchable PDF's, it does make it easy to copy and paste the text from one some like Acrobat Reader to Word.

If you want to edit the PDF directly, then you will need Acrobat Professional or another type of software that can edit PDF's directly.

brent
06-12-2012, 02:50 AM
I shared this info with the end users. they are going to try to use word 2010 tomorrow
thanks
brent

Custom Search