PDA

View Full Version : 350 code c2557

Custom Search

maj143
12-06-2007, 11:56 AM
this code is show when i make copy and jam on before heater ,
the copier show that changing drum uni ,
if i change only the drum well work the copier or i have to change dev alsoo,
and i want to know if there are any programing to it .

Darren King
12-06-2007, 01:50 PM
You have to change both drum and dev at the same time, and then run an F8. Don't forget to clear counter as well.
Good luck
Darren

mitchl
12-06-2007, 10:19 PM
C2557 is a ATDC sensor failure if my memory serves me right. Replace the Sensor (UN2) I have seen where the code doesnt go away after replacement and the only way I could get rid of the code is by resetting the DV count In counter mode under "special parts counter" Have fun!

higherlevel
12-07-2007, 05:48 AM
This Code is again the Toner Density Sensor being to low, but as stated above...Dev and Drum need changed....when it says this...of course the F8 developer mode calibrates the developer / toner ratio, but also resets the Developer count, the drum count can be reset without changing the drum, but not recommended...so change drum and developer together.......So if the PM is 100k or more, suspect Drum / dev. if not, read below

If less than 100k pm , I have also had a bad Toner sensor in the Developer unit...and have changed it....

Usually a dev / toner ratio of less than 5% triggers a c2557...but a value in another menu can be changed to bring it to a higher level if needed...

maj143
12-08-2007, 10:39 AM
thanks for your help ...... iwell try it and let you know

Custom Search