PDA

View Full Version : secure printing with Account track password on bizhub 600/750

Custom Search

brianho80
06-13-2012, 01:12 PM
Hi all konica expert,

we just replace customer ricoh machine to konica bizhub. however customer have familiar with ricoh "smartMonitoring" software to track their users copy and printing counts.

i know pagescope data administrator can do the same like ricoh "smart monitoring" but come to secure printing, user can release print job by select "Printer" button and key in one "temp password" , Job will display and print. Also, this print job will automatically goes into print count.

The scenario is: User will give me each person 2 account track password, one for [copying] another for [Printing] *easy for them to track their user and save cost on paying third party software for tracking purpose*

Question : when i use [printing] password to print with secure print, in front the machine, i need to key in the ["copy"account password] to access and click [box] -> [secure printing] to release job. The problem is, if i use [copying] password to release the job, this count will goes into [copying] account not [printing] account.

however for ricoh, User doesn't need to key in [copying] password , they just press [printer] button and key in lock job password; job will print out and this count will goes to their [printing] account.

does anyone face this problem before??? or anyone have better idea??

ineo+6501
06-13-2012, 03:33 PM
The Konica Minolta "Account Track" system will separate copies and prints within a single account.
There is no need to create 2 different accounts for 1 user.

The machine will know if a job is a copy or print job and record it accordingly.
Just print the counter list within the account track page on the screen and you will see what I mean.

TheOwl
06-14-2012, 12:38 AM
Another method you can use is User Authentication with the ID and Print feature enabled.

ID and Print cuts down on the steps required to release a job from the machine and can also be set to automatically print out jobs that the user has sent to the machine once they have logged in.

You can make the User Authentication process even easier if your customer's site uses security cards of some sort as these can be read by an optional card reader on the machine which in turn, logs the user in without them having to type a single thing into the machine's control panel.

ineo +6501 is spot on with not needing a print a copy code on the machine as the Konica Minolta devices records all usage under the one account which includes copying, printing and scanning.

brianho80
06-16-2012, 08:13 PM
Hi all,

Thanks for the advise. Yes, using 1 account track can separate out print and copy,
But that's only can view in hard copy, my customer want the soft copy in excel or csv format
Which able to do tabulate in their reports in soft copy.

I know there is software or solution can do the reports, somehow my customer not willing to spend
much money in solution.. Also previously, they using Ricoh standard software (free) can export csv
with user password, ID and total counts etc.. How come km no such software?

brianho80
06-16-2012, 08:16 PM
Another method you can use is User Authentication with the ID and Print feature enabled.

ID and Print cuts down on the steps required to release a job from the machine and can also be set to automatically print out jobs that the user has sent to the machine once they have logged in.

You can make the User Authentication process even easier if your customer's site uses security cards of some sort as these can be read by an optional card reader on the machine which in turn, logs the user in without them having to type a single thing into the machine's control panel.

ineo +6501 is spot on with not needing a print a copy code on the machine as the Konica Minolta devices records all usage under the one account which includes copying, printing and scanning.

Hi TheOwl, how come I didn't see the ID n print in my Bizhub 600/750 driver?

TheOwl
06-17-2012, 11:24 PM
It has to be enabled on the machine first before the driver can then see it.

Once it is enabled at the machine, you change your output method from print to ID & Print.

1. Admin Settings
2. User Authentication / Account Track
3. User Authentication Setting
4. Administrative Setting
5. ID & Print

It should be there. If it isn't, then I might have led you up the garden path, but I am pretty sure your machine should support it.

ineo+6501
06-18-2012, 09:10 AM
ID & Print may require the Hard Drive to be fitted, it was an option on the 750/600.

TheOwl
06-18-2012, 11:37 PM
ID & Print may require the Hard Drive to be fitted, it was an option on the 750/600.

Good point. I totally forgot about the HDD as we sent all our machines out with a HDD installed. We didn't make it an option.

brianho80
06-20-2012, 08:19 AM
Hi "theowl" and "ineo"

Both of you are right, but this "ID & Print" is only applicable for bizhub 601 & 751.
I can't find it in bizhub 600 model. Does it related to firmware which latest will enable ID & Print features??

Custom Search