PDA

View Full Version : DI470 Will not connect to the network.

Custom Search

mickymoore
06-13-2012, 06:49 PM
Hi, I have a Minolta DI470 that developed an error code 1808 Print Controller. I replaced the print controller however now I cannot get it to be recognized by the network. The original print controller and NIC were from the original purchase of the copier in 2004. The new print controller is newer and came with more recent software/drivers but since I cannot access it through the network port I cannot run the pagescope software to see the firmware version or update it. I am guessing the original controller firmware was 1.XX and that thnew one is at least 3.XX. The new controller did not come with a new NIC and the one in the copier is V6.32 6143-410 REV D. I have tried resetting the controller and Nic Card, have tried various Modes (1 & 3) and every time I re-enter the ip addresses when I power off and then on (per the manual) the disappear. Also, when I look at the ROM Version inforamtion the NIC card just shows -------------. Any thoughts on what may be going on and more importantly, how to fix it. Thanks, Micky:confused:

TheOwl
06-13-2012, 11:37 PM
If you turn the machine on without the network cable plugged, I think you should get a NIC Config page printed out after the NIC initializes. Typically, the NIC would then have an IP address of 169.254.x.x which you could then connect to with your laptop if you change the IP address of the laptop.

I remember that there was something funny about getting those machines to accept the IP address when entering it in from the control panel. If you can get a ping from the 169.254.x.x range, then configure the network through PageScope Light and see how you go.

The other thing to try is to get the NIC's MAC address and just create a DHCP reservation so the machine is forced into getting the same IP address everytime from the DHCP server.

mickymoore
06-14-2012, 03:47 PM
Thank you so much for your response. I tried disconnecting the network cable but still did not get the configuration page. Any other tricks to getting this to manually print out? Also, do you think this may be a conflict due to the versions of the older nic card and the newer board?

Custom Search