PDA

View Full Version : Magicolour 8650 Not printing Black machine status 9/21

Custom Search

Dickie
06-14-2012, 01:38 PM
Have just finished working on this machine.
Original fault code error was for Cyan laser unit failure.
Ordered and fitted a complete set of 4 lasers and the machine now warms up and comes to ready but when it prints there is no black output on the pages whilst all the colours are good.
So I stripped it down again (Not a five minute job) and made sure all connections etc were good to the black laser, and having gone this far (again) even swapped the new laser for one of the other new lasers to make sure it could not be faulty.
Still no black print.
Machine throws machine status 9/21 on display but does come to ready and will produce colour output.:confused:

Can anybody possibly advise me where to go next with this as I would have expected no black output to have thrown a major error C code rather than a status code:confused:

JustManuals
06-14-2012, 08:31 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals ~ The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

infred
03-05-2013, 11:11 PM
Initially make sure the drive laser K it`s in correct position. This error may indicate problems with the Print Unit K also. It has some other Print Unit K to test?

Step Action
1 Select [ProcessAdjustment] → [Dmax Density] and, if the setting value is negative, readjust.
2 Check the drive transmission portion of the Imaging Unit and correct as necessary.
Clean the IDC registration sensor/MK (IDCS/MK) or IDC registration sensor/CY (IDCS/CY) window
if dirty.
4 Clean the contact of the imaging unit connector if dirty.
5 Check the HV connector for proper connection and correct as necessary.
6 Change imaging unit.
7 Change the transfer belt unit.
8 Change PRCB.

Best Regards,

Fred

Have just finished working on this machine.
Original fault code error was for Cyan laser unit failure.
Ordered and fitted a complete set of 4 lasers and the machine now warms up and comes to ready but when it prints there is no black output on the pages whilst all the colours are good.
So I stripped it down again (Not a five minute job) and made sure all connections etc were good to the black laser, and having gone this far (again) even swapped the new laser for one of the other new lasers to make sure it could not be faulty.
Still no black print.
Machine throws machine status 9/21 on display but does come to ready and will produce colour output.:confused:

Can anybody possibly advise me where to go next with this as I would have expected no black output to have thrown a major error C code rather than a status code:confused:

infred
02-18-2014, 03:05 AM
Try to replace the transfer belt too. The 1st transfer roller (K) inside the belt mechanism would be damaged.

Sds,

Fred

Custom Search