PDA

View Full Version : what is your most common srvice call?

Custom Search

CMB
07-31-2005, 10:34 AM
mine would be junk on the scan glass causing lines on copies when using the document feeder and incorrect setting in paper trays-side guides not tight or dial on different size other than whats in the tray. both operator error, but they are getting better..

08-01-2005, 12:17 AM
CMB wrote:

mine would be junk on the scan glass causing lines on copies when using the document feeder and incorrect setting in paper trays-side guides not tight or dial on different size other than whats in the tray. both operator error, but they are getting better..

Good Topic CMB, I would also say that my most common call is for lines on the copies caused by crud on the \"slit glass\". Most of the time it\'s a quick phone fix but it does annoy some customers. The newer Kyocera\'s have a setting to help detect and blank out the lines but it only helps on very thin lines.

Sgt. Hulka
08-27-2005, 07:39 AM
My most common call used to be general CQ issues but the machine run so well now that my most common issue lately has been Jams that the customer can find (cause there too lazy to open the front door) and when you point this out to them they say is jams just about all the time. So you print out a couple jam reports that show the 2 jams they have had in the past month and a half and they get quiet and go back to their cubes.

Ichiro
09-06-2005, 08:38 AM
Copy quality calls have alwaws been #1 and Doc feeder issues are #2

Duke
09-06-2005, 03:05 PM
My nomination would be slit glass streaks and document feeders and paper jams that customers should be able to remove themselves. These seem to be the top ones I get. We have invoiced some of our contract customers for jams that they could remove.

CMB
09-07-2005, 05:26 PM
got one yesterday. the customer calls in and says she has an alignment problem. i\'m thinking on the way out maybe the centerline adjs. are off or the side guides are loose. well, when i got there she says see. i thought, you got to be kidding. the message was \" align document on adf\"

09-07-2005, 05:53 PM
CMB wrote:

... when i got there she says see. i thought, you got to be kidding. the message was \" align document on adf\"
Ouch, I guess the machine wasn\'t located in the local brain surgeon\'s office. :P

Tonerbomb
09-08-2005, 03:44 AM
:P Nice Blonde momenent!!!! :laugh: :laugh:

bullhead copy
09-26-2005, 06:12 PM
Ours seems to be jams related to a cheap ass owner who won\'t let me replace feed tires... second to printing issues caused by a very bad network admin on the customers part.

09-27-2005, 06:48 AM
bullhead copy wrote:

Ours seems to be jams related to a cheap ass owner who won\'t let me replace feed tires... second to printing issues caused by a very bad network admin on the customers part.
How cool is it that you work for someone that thinks a $15~$40 set of feed tires is cheaper then the $60 dollar per hour cost involved in going back out to the machine two weeks later for the same jamming issue. Not to mention the long term problem of loosing customers down the road over what is mistakenly perceived as a crappy machine.

Hang in there! :angry:

Navy
07-23-2006, 05:50 AM
lines on the copies when going through a DF
Jamming - most of the time the lady got one jam yesterday and called about it today.
Really bad noise that made everyone have to leave the office in fear of their life. It never seems to make the noise when I am there and no one can even come close to describing what it sounded like or when it would happen (see Issue #2).
Oh well, it beats punching a clock any day! :)

CMB
07-23-2006, 11:59 AM

we have a few customers like that too. they call us to fix the copier and we will fix it. we don't bother asking them, do you want me to do this?/do you want me to do that? we don't have time for that mess. they called for us to fix thier problem, so thats what we do, then we write out the ticket and send them the bill. they do bitch about it, but they always call back when they break down again.

Custom Search