PDA

View Full Version : Service Management Software

Custom Search

hmartyb
06-15-2012, 06:48 PM
Hello all!

I am a new freelance tech and it is going well! I am already buried in work and am looking to purchase service/inventory/CRM software. Can you recommend a good and affordable package? Pros and cons of the packages you recommend? Thanks!

Shadow
06-15-2012, 07:12 PM
if you use MS Office 2010 the Outlook has a CRM feature.

hmartyb
06-15-2012, 07:45 PM
Thanks! But what do you use to (for example) track the last copy count that you changed customer X's paper feed rollers, or such.

Shadow
06-15-2012, 11:08 PM
I am currently in the process of creating a client data base with excel.
each machine will have their own folder and it will be tracked by serial numbers.
if each of the techs do their job correctly it will be filled out in real time on a private cloud.
this will in-turn be backed up on to a secure server.
each tech will have a client data base on their computer and will be updated monthly.

If you put your mind to it and do some searching on the internet there are some free/shareware programs that
should work for you. there was one I came across, its shareware if I remember correctly, that cost like $12.00 month per user.
If I can locate it again I'll post the website for you. if you are the sole user then it would only be the $12.00 per month.
it has CRM and billing features to it from my recollection.

hmartyb
06-15-2012, 11:57 PM
Thanks Shadow, that's kind of what I'm looking for. I requested a quote from a program called OMD.

Shadow
06-16-2012, 12:28 AM
look up NOLAPRO, they have a web based for $9.99 per month

Michael0814
06-22-2012, 05:15 AM
First you are going to need a help desk to help you keep track of all those incoming support requests. I recommend www.focalscope.com (http://www.focalscope.com/) because its easy to use, has all the features you need from a help desk/ticketing system, and it even includes live chat. And when it comes to CRM systems, you definitely want to go with something reputable, such as SugarCRM. If you choose Sugar & FocalScope, you have the added option of using the two systems in tandem because FocalScope supports integration with SugarCRM, out of the box.

ddude
06-22-2012, 06:41 AM
Thanks Shadow, that's kind of what I'm looking for. I requested a quote from a program called OMD.

OMD=$$$$$

hmartyb
06-30-2012, 08:28 PM
Thanks guys, still watching this thread. Will definitely be checking out everything suggested so far.

kristhud
07-12-2012, 08:12 AM
Service management software application should be preferred from sap or oracle, as they are leading business solution providers worldwide, we can choose software application for CRM and other business management processes.

dana-aom
11-18-2012, 04:42 PM
I would like to hear more on this subject. The company that I work for utilizes OMD, and I personally don't like it. I find it very quirky and unreliable. The last company that I worked for used Service Accent, which seemed to be less quirky, but required a lot of steps for data input. I have used Oracle years ago for a distribution company that I worked for, and it seemed difficult but I am sure it has changed over the years.

Shadow
11-18-2012, 09:55 PM
here is a service call program that works wonders.

NewWaySERVICE - Work order software - Free support & Free trial (http://www.orologic.com/software/service-work-order-management.php)

you can try it for 45 days and then you need to purchase or rent a license for the software.
the license is based upon the number of users. I set this up for the company I was just working for and it works great.
give it a try and see for your self.

profunctional
11-19-2012, 04:40 PM
I would like to hear more on this subject. The company that I work for utilizes OMD, and I personally don't like it. I find it very quirky and unreliable. The last company that I worked for used Service Accent, which seemed to be less quirky, but required a lot of steps for data input. I have used Oracle years ago for a distribution company that I worked for, and it seemed difficult but I am sure it has changed over the years.Check out Service Management Software Service Call, Work Order, Billing, Invoice (http://mhelpdesk.com) . They have complete service request/work order management with the bells n' whistles like invoicing, quote building, and payment processing. The system is incredibly easy to use.

knobby
12-09-2012, 09:29 PM
Any uk based software...

Custom Search