PDA

View Full Version : C450 Corona cleaning

Custom Search

Smiley27
06-16-2012, 07:10 AM
Hi, I want to clean coronas on 4 drums, could any1 pass me part of SM that includes separation of drum? and also, i wonder , how to get transfer belt out?

RRodgers
06-17-2012, 05:48 PM
Hi, I want to clean coronas on 4 drums, could any1 pass me part of SM that includes separation of drum? and also, i wonder , how to get transfer belt out?

It's not in the manual because it's not ment to come apart. I've had (very little luck) of using a q-tip to clean the corona's but I wouldn't recommend it as you'll get the little pieces of cotton left on the scortron. Maybe try a lint free cleaning pad that you can get in there, would be my suggestion.
Good luck

Smiley27
06-18-2012, 08:35 AM
Ye, I get it, but what could cause color mixing on copies, for example, if i print 10 papers with blue sign on it, on some papers it will be blue, on some green/blue, on some green etc...

Smiley27
06-18-2012, 11:24 AM
EDIT !

How do I take transfer belt out for cleaning?

SmellsHot
06-18-2012, 12:47 PM
Open right side door....two screws. one on each side........

mrwho
06-18-2012, 09:08 PM
Open right side door....two screws. one on each side........

After that, open the left side door, take out the waste toner bottle and pull the transfer belt out.

EarthKmTech
06-18-2012, 10:45 PM
Ive been tempted to insert compressed air into the slot under the coronas where the ozone is drawn out - may make a hell of a mess but i bet it would clean them good enough.

i have dismantled and cleaned c250 imaging unit coronas when they were white banding at the edges (no developer loss) and couldn't be bothered going to get replacements. It does work but its alot of effort.

Smiley27
06-19-2012, 07:24 AM
''Ive been tempted to insert compressed air into the slot under the coronas where the ozone is drawn out - may make a hell of a mess but i bet it would clean them good enough.''

You mean secondary corona inside machine? ( not the one's on IU) , where exactly are they located,and how to reach them? :o ''under the coronas where the ozone is drawn out'', i dont understand this well, picture perhaps?

Ive been tempted to insert compressed air into the slot under the coronas where the ozone is drawn out - may make a hell of a mess but i bet it would clean them good enough.

i have dismantled and cleaned c250 imaging unit coronas when they were white banding at the edges (no developer loss) and couldn't be bothered going to get replacements. It does work but its alot of effort.

Smiley27
06-19-2012, 07:30 AM
I did it , but it doesnt want to go out, also some white plastic fell down, and I cant get it back.. :O ..

There are 2 screws, one holding from front side, and one securing from inside side's..

After that, open the left side door, take out the waste toner bottle and pull the transfer belt out.

mrwho
06-19-2012, 08:13 AM
I did it , but it doesnt want to go out, also some white plastic fell down, and I cant get it back.. :O ..

There are 2 screws, one holding from front side, and one securing from inside side's..

Yes, as SmellsHot said, you need to remove those screws. That's why I wrote "After that" following SmellsHot post.

Smiley27
06-19-2012, 10:38 AM
May sound stupid, but on which side to pull? :o ... 4* screws are included

Yes, as SmellsHot said, you need to remove those screws. That's why I wrote "After that" following SmellsHot post.

Shadow
06-19-2012, 01:44 PM
pull from the left side of the machine.
There should only be 2 screws removed for the transfer belt.

if your having colour mixing issues, then start looking at drum / transfer belt cleaning units.
have you run the half tone colour tests to determine which unit is giving you the problem?

mrwho
06-19-2012, 01:50 PM
Just the two on the right side holding the belt in place, like so:

I should add that if you don't have a service manual (and I believe you don't or you wouldn't ask how to remove the belt) you should seriously consider getting one or getting professional help, as you mentioned earlier some broken plastic part and that could lead you to a more expensive repair than you had in the first place.

Smiley27
06-19-2012, 03:03 PM
No, I havent, how do I run it?

pull from the left side of the machine.
There should only be 2 screws removed for the transfer belt.

if your having colour mixing issues, then start looking at drum / transfer belt cleaning units.
have you run the half tone colour tests to determine which unit is giving you the problem?

mrwho
06-19-2012, 03:23 PM
No, I havent, how do I run it?

See what I mean?

Shadow
06-19-2012, 10:19 PM
contact Paul and get the service manual.
that's the best advice that I can give you at this time.
if you don't know what your doing STOP
it may just end up costing you more than you thought.
call a trained service technician - we are educated for a purpose.

kyrenecopy
06-19-2012, 10:31 PM
How do they find us and what do they expect us to do when they don't know what we are talking about?

Smiley27
06-20-2012, 07:27 AM
I get it :) ... Well I am Canon well trained tech,but Konika Minolta gives me headache, since never had any training on it.. Ill consider buying SM.

Thanks.

See what I mean?

mrwho
06-20-2012, 08:06 AM
I get it :) ... Well I am Canon well trained tech,but Konika Minolta gives me headache, since never had any training on it.. Ill consider buying SM.

Thanks.

I'm KM, Ricoh and Lexmark trained, and had to dabble with other brands as well, but other than cleaning up the optics, I'd never risk messign with an unknown machine without at least trying to get the service manual first.

Smiley27
06-20-2012, 10:51 AM
I understand , <brofist> . Gonna try find it, boss aint willing to pay for anything, I should probably invent SM. -.-'

I'm KM, Ricoh and Lexmark trained, and had to dabble with other brands as well, but other than cleaning up the optics, I'd never risk messign with an unknown machine without at least trying to get the service manual first.

Custom Search