PDA

View Full Version : Di 1610

Custom Search

Sathsayin
12-07-2007, 03:00 AM
Got a problem with a di 1610. Randomly pops up with paper size error after making copys sometimes you can make alot sometimes just a couple (customer says) she says it happens all the time but i cant make it happen when im in customers office. always works fine for me (All the manual says is to take out and restraigten the paper and make sure the right size is selected.). The paper is straight when arrive and is not humid and otherwise in good condition no bent are curld edges.

I thought maybe the machien thought it was A4 instead of letter. althought i know that doesnt make sense for it to work sometimes and not others (I made sure that the machine was set to letter/plain for that tray anyway .)

There are only 2 sensors in that area that only seem to be there and by there actuators I would assume that ll they are there for is (paper remaining sensors) one for the bypass the other for cassete 1. There is also a roller and a sep pad.There is nothing else in that section that i could see.

First thing i assumed was maybe the roller and sep pad needed cleaning and that maybe it didn't pick up the paper sometimes and the machine would think the paper was crooked. and therefore would put up a (paper size error) i cleaned them and that worked for awhile i thought(couple weeks later she called back and said that it was still doing it and that it worked at first but eventually started back. So i looked at the rollers and sep pad.
I saw what looked like the roller tearing loose on one side(the roller is a half circle shaped with grooves instead of gripped rubber.) so i replaced it and the sep pad.

Same problem. I dont wont to waste anymore time waiting for parts on the machine. although im going to replace both sensors next. i dont think it will solve the problem do any of you know of a solution/have had this problem before. are know of anything in the machine im missing in that area.Also if you know what tells the paper size error to pop on screen let me know thanks

Do you know of any firmware updates. Maybe its a software problem.

Rudi
12-07-2007, 06:58 AM
You Will Have Replace The Whole Take Assembly There Was A Mod At One Stage That Sorted This Problem , The Problem Is Not So Much With The Feed Rollers Or Sep Pad But The Clutch Itself.

Custom Search