PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Touch screen on c6500

Custom Search

Dixie
06-19-2012, 08:34 PM
I would be grateful for any help to get the touch screen working on my 6500. I can print from the creo but I am unable to use the mc screen. Tried reboot many times, but still shows red ring around start button. No errors show and when a sheet is printed the 'start' goes green while printing then reverts to red. Is there a reset procedure on powering up?

ni311
06-23-2012, 07:51 AM
Are you in Copy / Scan mode or in Machine Tab / Job List?

Dixie
06-29-2012, 12:53 PM
Are you in Copy / Scan mode or in Machine Tab / Job List?
The machine when powered up stays on main page in machine tab.
Still able to print via creo but not able to use any functions on the touch screen at all.

ni311
06-29-2012, 04:02 PM
You can connect a network cable to the machine and emulate the touch screen on the computer. Just be careful to connect the network cable to the machine (on the body of the machine near data cable) and not to the controller. I guess you'll find more details in an user manual.
Second, you might check the connection of the display, situated on the right side of the machine under a grey plastic cover near (guess what) data cable.

Dixie
06-30-2012, 12:08 PM
Thanks for the reply,
I have checked all the connections including the monitor end. Still no different and red light on start button. Will try connecting a pc (running on xp) to the mc network.
Could it be a bad calibration issue? Have gone into calibrate screen, touched the screen prompts but no buzzer sound even on the test buttons.

ni311
06-30-2012, 04:35 PM
You have to understand that you won't be able to get a green/blue start button unless you are in copy or scan tab. It is normal to get the red button in machine tab.

Dixie
06-30-2012, 05:26 PM
I understand red is normal, the problem is the touch screen is not responsive at all. You can not even change the paper settings. If you try to go into copy you are unable.

dagoof
08-21-2012, 02:04 PM
I'm having this exact problem and was wondering if you were able to fix it Dixie (or anyone else can help)?

In the past, I've had an issue with the calibration being out of wack, but the screen is still responsive to recalibration. Now, I get no beep/no response when touching the screen. I've got a 45-20 I'm not able to address because I can't get access to the screen :rolleyes:

Custom Search