PDA

View Full Version : KM 2560 Touch screen

Custom Search

bojans
06-21-2012, 09:14 PM
Hi,

I have one KM 2560 with not responding touch screen.
Is this common problem for this model?
I intend to disassemble and clean it and after initialize in U201 maintenance mode. I'm not experienced with KM models, but had success with 3035 model with the same problem.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Venom
06-21-2012, 09:45 PM
I find that sometimes you get repeat calls if you just clean and calibrate so I replace them.

Kidaver
06-21-2012, 10:08 PM
Very common problem on these....the seal on the op tablet is coming undone...we usually just replace them and bring the old one back to the shop and repair them...there is a thread on how to do that somewhere around here...I don't feel like searching for it again tho....but it's a nice thread on fixing them that could save ya money in the long run...

bojans
06-21-2012, 10:09 PM
OK thank you both.
Will search for that post.

Cheers

Zackuth
06-21-2012, 10:10 PM
There are times when grit and gunk will get between the touch screen and the frame edge. Take something thin and place it between the touch screen and edge and carefully clean around the edges. It has worked for me more than once in the past.

blackcat4866
06-21-2012, 10:36 PM
There for the first couple years I saw a lot of staple bits, scurf, sand, grit, ... you name it ... wedged between the edge of the frame and the tablet. It only takes 20 minutes to disassemble the panel, and clean the face of the tablet, and the frame inside, then reassemble. About half the time that resolves it. If the ribbon cable connection is the problem it will come back within a week and I'll have the tablet on-hand. =^..^=

bojans
06-28-2012, 09:08 AM
After cleaning around the frame touch panel didn't work. After applying hot air around frame everything seems to work just fine.
Thank you all for your inputs.

Custom Search