PDA

View Full Version : bizhub c451 wrinkling trail side of letter

Custom Search

mrfuser
06-22-2012, 01:28 AM
Ledger works fine. Put in new paper still wrinklings almost accordian style trail one third of .page.Any idea why?

Legal is fine and letter r not too bad

Dickie
06-22-2012, 10:11 AM
Try adjusting the fuser speed

mrwho
06-22-2012, 11:46 AM
Try to take the finisher from the machine and see if the problem keeps ocurring.

mrfuser
06-22-2012, 04:20 PM
Tried adjust fuser and reg speeds to no avail. I will try to remove the finisher. Kinda thinking something might be up with that bridge unit between fuser and finisher.

mrfuser
06-22-2012, 10:04 PM
Removed bridge unit and.finisher. we hear a clacking like a gear is missing a tooth. Seems behind Fuser exit area. Any ideas?

Still wrinkles without finisher.

mrwho
06-22-2012, 10:15 PM
Removed bridge unit and.finisher. we hear a clacking like a gear is missing a tooth. Seems behind Fuser exit area. Any ideas?

Still wrinkles without finisher.

I don't know about that particular model, but previous models used to have a plastic shaft support that would crack over time and the fuser driving system would begin to fail. Have seen that on the C250 and C300 machines.

I would check everything on the fusing driving and fusing pressure system, gears and frames alike. If there are any plastic frames, check for cracked areas (they might not show up unless you apply some pressure with your fingers in the direction the fuser would).

Check the fusing drive unit on the parts catalog to see what areas to check.

empiru
06-22-2012, 10:21 PM
I don't know about that particular model, but previous models used to have a plastic shaft support that would crack over time and the fuser driving system would begin to fail. Have seen that on the C250 and C300 machines.

I would check everything on the fusing driving and fusing pressure system, gears and frames alike. If there are any plastic frames, check for cracked areas (they might not show up unless you apply some pressure with your fingers in the direction the fuser would).

Check the fusing drive unit on the parts catalog to see what areas to check.

I agree, have seen that plastic shaft cracked in C352, especially.

mrfuser
06-22-2012, 11:58 PM
There is a spring loaded device behind Fuser that on the right side has a piece that has a flapped of some sort that the oblong piece on the Fuser makes flap. That is making a clacking sound, very loud. When I remove the exit unit the sound goes away, but it jams of course.

Is this Fuser related or machine internal? What is that spring loaded device behind Fuser?

Looks.like.it.has to.do with Fuser fan maybe. The other spring flapped on right has two optical sensors in it. Could this be bad and not send signal to exit fast enough?

I'm stumped!!

Speedy
06-24-2012, 07:10 PM
Usually it is the ejection drive unit, the bushings wear out and the gears separate. Also the shaft that comes through the frame that provides drive to that unit, runs through a white bushing that snaps in the frame of the machine from the rear, it also wears out and allows that gear to move away from the others.

mrfuser
06-26-2012, 08:52 PM
Okay, magically it has stopped after tearing it apart and putting back together. No idea why. Don't you hate that?

On another note, any idea what the device is that is that almost rounded off triangle plastic piece in fuser that hits the gate that activates the sensors on the non op side of the fuser is? That thing clacks pretty loudly.

Thanks all!

Kelly

Mr. Joshua
06-29-2012, 12:34 AM
I had a very similar problems today. Letter, either direction, trail 2/3 of page wavy, almost looks as if it was soaking wet when it went in the fuser.

Followed this: NotFound (http://onyxweb.mykonicaminolta.com/KB/TAUS1100073EN00)

Wasn't smart enough to mark the Paper Exit Bearing (p/n A00J 2321 00) before I disassembled, but based on wear patterns I think I turned it around. Problem gone. Did turning the bearing around fix it or the old take it apart and but it back together?

Speedy
06-29-2012, 01:12 AM
That triangle wheel actuates the rotation sensor, because this fuser uses induction heater instead of a halogen lamp. The sensor lets the machine know the fuser is turning, otherwise it would melt the fuser rollers. Also in case you didn't know the fuser is always rotating unless it is in energy save mode. I always set the energy save to 10 minutes due to saving wear and tear on all moving parts, most of which are plastic. NOTHING BUT THE BEST!

mrfuser
07-02-2012, 06:57 PM
problem returned with wrinkling so I will go tear out the fuser drive and check it. Machine has less than 100k on it. Very strange it would fail so fast!

Is there any possible way to reduce the "clacking" sound of that actuator from the triangle wheel? Drives client crazy.

Thanks all.

Kelly

emujo
07-03-2012, 01:24 PM
It's not the fuser, it's the ejection gear/drive belt...little assembly that drives the ejection rollers...held on by 3 screws and has a 6" belt that turns the eject rollers..It is either installed incorrectly, or one of the gears has started to wear out its hub...it turns to slowly and the fuser pushes the paper foward faster than it can pass the paper to the bridge...results in "accordian style" waves on trail edge of paper. The whole assy is available as a part. Emujo

djwhoo
08-15-2013, 01:22 AM
Try adjusting the fuser speed

how do you reduce the fuser speed? i have a c552 that creases parallel with the paper path. once in a while... shoudl i reduce the pressure on one side? how do you adjust the fuser speed?

djwhoo
08-15-2013, 01:26 AM
it is so intermittent.. its kinda hard to trouble shoot.. No accordian.. just a crease in the middle of the page.

Custom Search