PDA

View Full Version : CQ bizhub 350 very light copies

Custom Search

deliver
06-22-2012, 04:23 AM
Hello, my bizhub 350 is running very light. about 2 months ago I replace the drum unit, developer unit and powder and initialized, the copies looked awesome after the parts were replaced. Today I was called back with the same problem. I check the atdc level was at 6.0 which is ok then added toner to the developer and checked the atdc level it was at 7.0 looked a lot better but still weak density . The drum looked ok but when making a black sky shot it was weak and grainy. The customer is using OEM toner that's what was in the machine. I also ran about 100 sky shots until i saw the toner bottle rotate. I am thinking about doing another developer change to see if this changes anything thinking possible contamination. any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

mervyn
06-22-2012, 01:02 PM
You need to change the developer and dont forget to F8 when you do , this sets the toner level based on the new developer . This should sort your problems .

mo0651
06-22-2012, 02:15 PM
My customer was buying what looked like good OEM toner. But when we opened the dev unit the developer was grey in color. A lot like
well used developer. This was after about 500 copies. Tech did 2 full PMs on machine before he said anything. When we started asking questions we found the problem.:cool:

deliver
06-22-2012, 04:00 PM
I guess that's what I'll do, A developer change! Thanks

Mr. Joshua
06-29-2012, 12:15 AM
While you are replacing the developer, might as well replace the black plastic rollers and seals. Also, if you're skyshots have a bunch of void spatter, wipe the mag roller down with alcohol. I no longer replaced dev units the way I used to after beginning to do these things.

JR2ALTA
06-29-2012, 12:30 AM
I have lots of experience with this.

Easiest first. Check to make sure the toner bottle hole isn't being covered by some residual tape. This has been happening A LOT. You should be able to run a bunch of Toner Supply and regain density.

Second, replace transfer roller and make sure copper leaf springs make good contact and haven't deformed.

Third, toner can clump in the sub-hopper section. It blocks the reed switch so the machine thinks it's hunky dory but no toner drops into the dev unit. Where is the sub hopper? Remove the exit cavity covers and the metal dome. Then pull out the toner carriage. You must have a vacuum with a skinny tube attachment to clean it out, you should be able to move the paddles freely, but be careful not to dislodge them.

FYI I avoid skyshots with dual component machines, if it's not adding toner you're running pure developer.

You may have to replace the Dev anyway if it's too stripped, but try these steps first and run Toner Supply before wasting the money.

deliver
06-30-2012, 09:45 PM
I have lots of experience with this. Easiest first. Check to make sure the toner bottle hole isn't being covered by some residual tape. This has been happening A LOT. You should be able to run a bunch of Toner Supply and regain density. Second, replace transfer roller and make sure copper leaf springs make good contact and haven't deformed. Third, toner can clump in the sub-hopper section. It blocks the reed switch so the machine thinks it's hunky dory but no toner drops into the dev unit. Where is the sub hopper? Remove the exit cavity covers and the metal dome. Then pull out the toner carriage. You must have a vacuum with a skinny tube attachment to clean it out, you should be able to move the paddles freely, but be careful not to dislodge them. FYI I avoid skyshots with dual component machines, if it's not adding toner you're running pure developer. You may have to replace the Dev anyway if it's too stripped, but try these steps first and run Toner Supply before wasting the money. I replaced developer which brought back the quality. originally I added toner to the developer which did not really make a difference, I had brought the atdc levels back to normal it looked better but still washed out. the only thing I could think of is replacing the developer. I feel the OEM toner I added helped because it was good toner, I think the toner they had was contaminated.

Custom Search