PDA

View Full Version : Konica C500 Pro duplex top edge erasing

Custom Search

copycentre
06-24-2012, 01:09 PM
Hi Everyone,

I've got a problem with a Konica Minolta Bizhub C500 Pro. The second (duplex) side of an A4 print has a very fat top margin (8mm+), and it can't be corrected with an image shift in Command Workstation. It happens when copying and printing. This suggests that the blanking / erasing is being done by the machine.

The first side margins are fine, there is no skewing on either side, and all the registration rollers are new. It also happens in all trays including the bypass.

The customer can get round it by running the paper in A4R, but this isn't an ideal solution. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance..

kingpd@businessprints.net
06-24-2012, 01:28 PM
I would start by checking the rollers in the duplex path. May have a defect that isn't gripping the paper and causing skew.

Probably a lower part on the rollers since the a4r doesn't cause the problem.

It's not a read/write/memory issue since the first side is fine in both copying and printing.

Hi Everyone,

I've got a problem with a Konica Minolta Bizhub C500 Pro. The second (duplex) side of an A4 print has a very fat top margin (8mm+), and it can't be corrected with an image shift in Command Workstation. It happens when copying and printing. This suggests that the blanking / erasing is being done by the machine.

The first side margins are fine, there is no skewing on either side, and all the registration rollers are new. It also happens in all trays including the bypass.

The customer can get round it by running the paper in A4R, but this isn't an ideal solution. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance..

copycentre
06-24-2012, 01:58 PM
We've replaced all the rollers and we're still getting the problem. The strange thing is that there is no skew, so I was wondering if it could be fixed in Service or Key Operator mode.

It seems to be an actual 'deletion'. If I use image shift in Command Workstation to move the image up (eg by 4mm), the image does move up but the top margin remains the same. The top part of the image is just erased by a fixed amount of 8mm.

The bottom margin is about 0.5mm, so the whole second side could do with a simple vertical adjustment upwards, if there is such a thing?

JustManuals
06-24-2012, 07:06 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

mrwho
06-24-2012, 08:18 PM
Did you try to adjust the print area in service mode?

copycentre
06-25-2012, 09:57 AM
Did you try to adjust the print area in service mode?

Would you know which adjustment it is?

I thought it might be 'Print Centring Adjustment' but I can't see an option for the duplex side only. Unless I'm missing something obvious?

mrwho
06-25-2012, 12:41 PM
"Printer centring adj. (Tray 1) screen"
For the printer centering adjustment, the fol-
lowing items are provided. Press the [NEXT
ADJUSTMENT] key or [PREVIOUS ADJUST-
MENT] key to select an item you want to
adjust.
• "Printer centring adj. (Tray 1)"
• "Printer centring adj. (Tray 2)"
• "Printer centring adj. (Tray 3)"
• "Printer centring adj. (Bypass)"
• "Printer centring adj. (Tray 4)"
• "Printer centring adj. (ADU)"
• "Large size offset (Tray 1)"
• "Small size offset (Tray 1)"
• "8.5 x 5.5 offset (Tray 1)"
• "Large size offset (Tray 2)"
• "Small size offset (Tray 2)"
• "8.5 x 5.5 offset (Tray 2)"
• "Large size offset (Tray 3)"
• "Small size offset (Tray 3)"
• "8.5 x 5.5 offset (Tray 3)"
• "Large size offset (Bypass)"
• "Small size offset (Bypass)"
• "8.5 x 5.5 offset (Bypass)"
• "Large size offset (Tray 4)"
• "Small size offset (Tray 4)"
• "Large size normal paper offset (ADU)"
• "Large size thick paper offset (ADU)"
• "Small size normal paper offset (ADU)"
• "Small size thick paper offset (ADU)"
• "8.5 x 5.5 normal paper offset (ADU)"
• "8.5 x 5.5 thick paper offset (ADU)"

All of those mentioning "ADU" refer to the duplex.

copycentre
06-25-2012, 01:09 PM
Thanks, that's amazing!

mrwho
06-25-2012, 01:20 PM
Get a manual. It's well worth the price if you regularly see one or more of these.

copycentre
06-28-2012, 07:30 AM
Hi
Tried that did not help it looks to me like a frame erase problem on oll the copies if you do sky shot, it's not even on all of them but duplex a4 it's v bad
ps now have a manual

Albonline
06-28-2012, 05:18 PM
sounds like the paper is skewing and walking at the registration roller. check the roller at the extreame right hand top of stacker . the plate its on gets bent and causes the roller not to make contact. also the decurling roller is easily installed incorectly and causes skewing.

Custom Search