PDA

View Full Version : Lilo 22.2 loading linux Ext2 ,Fiert X3e TY Doesn't boot

Custom Search

parsmehregan
06-24-2012, 04:31 PM
Konica Minolta Bizhub Fiery X3e TY has problem booting .I separated it from printer/controller and attached to lcd monitor to see what happen when turn it on,.
When I turn on the fiery it started to booting ,checking the hardware ,but when try to booting stops at this line,
Lilo 22.2 loading linux ext2
I tried to find the Fiery system software to reload the system software ,but no success so far!
If anybody knows what this line means and how to repair it ,that would be great and would be appreciated.

My email & messenger id "parsmehregan_rayaneh@yahoo.com"

Eric1968
06-24-2012, 09:14 PM
My Linux/Konica Minolta knowledge is a bit limited, but Lilo is a boot manager for Linux and Ext2 is the file system that's being used for the HDD. Maybe there's a problem with the HDD.

EarthKmTech
06-24-2012, 10:39 PM
you don't normally see much when that line is displayed on a working fiery anyway, once the operating system starts to function nothing more is displayed on the monitor port.

All you've established is that the fiery wont complete starting up which you knew already :cool:

I would try a reload before spending any money, but if you don't have the cd's or atleast iso(s) your in trouble.

TheOwl
06-24-2012, 11:20 PM
Reloading the OS would definately help or would maybe point that the HDD might be bad.

What model of machine does this Fiery attach to as I was under the assumption that all Fiery X3e TY's were running the Windows XP Embedded OS and not Linux.

There is also another catch 22 with these Fiery's and that is if you don't pay the extra for the Monitor enabler (can't remember exactly what it is called) you will lose video after a certain point anyway.

parsmehregan
06-25-2012, 07:20 AM
Thank you for all your comments.

The Fiery complete specification :

Electronics for Imaging

Printer controller

Model Fiery X3e TY

Part no 45044122

( System software ver 1.0 )

The Pinter/Copier is Konica Minolta Bizhub C450

I am sure Fiery's operating system is Linux Because the partitions are in Ext2 format and there is also Swap partition on it.

Unfortunately I don’t have the fiery system software cds and couldn't find it so far!

TheOwl
06-25-2012, 07:29 AM
Yeah, that one is definately a Linux based controller.

The controller is an IC-402 so you will need the System Software to match that exactly.

Custom Search