PDA

View Full Version : “Failed to complete job, deleted due to error.” BizHub 552

Custom Search

guruuno
06-25-2012, 03:09 AM
For almost a year now, one user is having issues scanning documents, support calls have been futile, no solutions, no answers, nothing.

They say:

“Are you sure you are pushing the right button on the printer?” …

So, as per their instructions I:
OK, I created 2 new items on the Konica copier for you, as suggested by the tech support person at Konica.
One is a new "destination" for scanning directly to your PC from the Konica.
#49 is direct to your "Documents\Scanned Documents" on YOUR local PC.

Additionally, from the Konica, there is now a GROUP 1, which scans not only to your PC, but as in the past to the Server, in the Scans folder, AnneMarie folder (#14, as it was previously).

So, you can scan one of 3 ways to try & test.

1=the old way #14, to the Server/Scans/AnneMarie
2=#49, directly to your PC (C:\Users\Annemarie\Documents\Scanned Documents)
3=GROUP 1, to both 1 & 2 as stated above.

Let me know how it goes.
Bottom line, if #14 flakes out as it has been from time to time, use #49 (or just keep using #49 to see if it flakes out)
Additionally, you can try also Group 1, which goes to both.
(if #14 give any headaches, stop using it and just use #49, forget Group 1, as it will include #14 an if it is problematic, it will also fail).

End user states:

I was able to print out the log for scans and faxes. There are no errors on the log for the scans I have had to scan twice to get the original scan to drop in my scan folder. I can send you the log if you want to see it. They are all resulting “OK”.

20 other users, no issues.

All permissions fine on Windows 2008 Server (not using AD), and all machines identical (Windows 7 Professional).

Changed Cat 5 cables, re-imaged PC, different port on gigabit switch, tried everything.

Why does this user keep having issues?

TheOwl
06-25-2012, 07:42 AM
Instead of them printing out the logs, get them to look at them directly on the machine:

1. Job List
2. Job Details
3. Send
4. Send History
5. Find and select the job that errored (it will say Deleted Due to Error)
6. Press the Details button in the bottom right corner of the screen

This will give you a more detailed reason for the error.

If the problem is for one users PC only and you have imaged it, maybe try changing the port on the switch the PC is connected to as there could be an issue with the port on the switch.

guruuno
06-25-2012, 12:48 PM
Thanks for the procedure, will inform end user(s) to follow.
Additionally, already tried 3 different ports on the Dell PowerConnect Gigabit switch, no different.

Instead of them printing out the logs, get them to look at them directly on the machine:

1. Job List
2. Job Details
3. Send
4. Send History
5. Find and select the job that errored (it will say Deleted Due to Error)
6. Press the Details button in the bottom right corner of the screen

This will give you a more detailed reason for the error.

If the problem is for one users PC only and you have imaged it, maybe try changing the port on the switch the PC is connected to as there could be an issue with the port on the switch.

Custom Search