PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 282 drum & developer counter reset?

Custom Search

rcracer
06-25-2012, 02:44 PM
Just got back into the copier/mfp repair after being away for 25 years. The company sent me to Ricoh training and then left me on my own. I have a K/M Bizhub 282 that needs the drum and developer replaced. I was told to open the right door, hit the counter/utility button, then enter "stop,0,0,stop,0,1" and input all zero's when it called for a password. All it did was beep at me and it never got to the password screen. I guess my instructions were wrong so I joined this site to see if anybody would help me out. The mechanical part looks easy but I don't know how to reset the counters.

Thanks.

ck1
06-25-2012, 04:12 PM
same as Bizhub 250

rcracer
06-25-2012, 04:46 PM
Forgot to mention, this is the first Konica/Minolta I have worked on. I don't have any idea what the service codes are on any model.

rcracer

blackcat4866
06-26-2012, 12:00 AM
I recommend that you purchase a manual. It's like showing up at a service call without your tool bag.

"Oops! I don't know anything about your machine and didn't bring a manual." =^..^=

Toli
06-26-2012, 02:24 PM
Utility button stop/00/stop/01 the password is 00000000
with arrow key go to function then with arrow key go to ATDC Gain pres start and wait until the machin stop working.
turn of machine then turn on and machine should work.

SmellsHot
06-26-2012, 05:16 PM
Copy quality issues or just calling for PC drum exchange? If the latter, go into service mode(utlity/counter button, detail, stop,0,0,stop,0,1 then all 0's and end) Go to software switch 418 change bit 3(the fartherst right "1") and change that to a 0. This shuts off the "pc drum" message. If it's copy quality, then...
Go into service mode with door closed, counter, clear drum/dev counter. shut off machine. replace drum/developer Install drum into machine. Go back into service mode, check to make sure the counters reset(if they didn't..open right side door and clear counters again) Go into function and run F8. Wait for that to finish and test. That should do the trick

ni311
06-26-2012, 05:39 PM
Now the trick is that if you only reset counters without actually changing the consumable you might end up with a developer ratio code, sooner or later... It's up to you to choose...
Anyway, you should get some service manuals for the machines you're working on.

rcracer
06-28-2012, 02:20 PM
The instructions I had left out the "details" button. That's why I could not get it to work. Keyed in the correct code and reset the counter. I also replaced the drum and developer and did the F8 function. Machine is working like it should. I was told by the project manager that all the canon and konica/minolta machines will be replaced soon. Go figure!

Thanks for all your help.
rcracer

Custom Search