PDA

View Full Version : Error Code Konica Minolta C250

Custom Search

nmilisic
07-01-2012, 03:34 PM
Error code: c2557..

I read that I should reset this code in tech rep mode, but when I go with: stop 00 stop 01, than "00000000" and after that "end" - but there is no "end" on display?

Please, help If anyone know how to enter tech rep mode.
Thanks

Shadow
07-01-2012, 06:23 PM
where did you read this information?
the manual says to open and close the front door.
you need to replace the developer in this machine.
if you are an authorized service tech, you will have the correct code to access the service mode.

skazic
07-01-2012, 07:16 PM
C2557: Abnormally low toner density detected Black TCR Sensor..........

This service manual says, but is probably missing the black toner Replace the toner,
go into service mode and turn the toner dispensing

nmilisic
07-01-2012, 09:44 PM
Today I tried new black IU, machine show c2557 again.. Also, machine show message that I need new black toner but when I check that toner cartridge on another c250 - everything work perfect?

minimerlin
07-01-2012, 10:04 PM
Today I tried new black IU, machine show c2557 again.. Also, machine show message that I need new black toner but when I check that toner cartridge on another c250 - everything work perfect?Have you made sure that the K Image Unit is actually turning?

nmilisic
07-01-2012, 10:23 PM
Have you made sure that the K Image Unit is actually turning?

No I'm not sure that K IU is turning, please advise me how to check?
Thanks.

minimerlin
07-01-2012, 10:46 PM
No I'm not sure that K IU is turning, please advise me how to check?
Thanks.I will have to leave that up to you! It is simply a case of LOOKING to see if the drum turns! Are you a tech at all? I suggest you call one if you need to be advised how to tell if a component is turning! I will now withdraw from this post as I cannot look for you..sorry.:(

nmilisic
07-02-2012, 06:36 AM
I will have to leave that up to you! It is simply a case of LOOKING to see if the drum turns! Are you a tech at all? I suggest you call one if you need to be advised how to tell if a component is turning! I will now withdraw from this post as I cannot look for you..sorry.:(

I'm tech for Ricoh b/w machines. This KM c250 is in local school, and I was tried to help them.
New K IU and new toner and c2557 still there...:(

Any ideas?

Shadow
07-02-2012, 07:13 AM
as I stated above, the developer needs to be replaced.
the 2557 error is an issue with the developer now.
you have spent so much time pissing around with toner and a new drum that you are throwing money down the drain.
the developer needs to be replaced and the F8 process needs to be run.
get the service manual and read through it.
these machines are notorious for this kind of issue.
I spent may years servicing these machines and had all of my new techs cut their teeth on them.
replace the developer and quit throwing good money after bad.

Avskrap
07-02-2012, 07:59 AM
as I stated above, the developer needs to be replaced.
the 2557 error is an issue with the developer now.
you have spent so much time pissing around with toner and a new drum that you are throwing money down the drain.
the developer needs to be replaced and the F8 process needs to be run.
get the service manual and read through it.
these machines are notorious for this kind of issue.
I spent may years servicing these machines and had all of my new techs cut their teeth on them.
replace the developer and quit throwing good money after bad.

Well, he says it's a C250. No separate developer, simply an imaging unit.

mrwho
07-02-2012, 08:10 AM
Today I tried new black IU, machine show c2557 again.. Also, machine show message that I need new black toner but when I check that toner cartridge on another c250 - everything work perfect?

Out of curiosity, did you replace the IU with the machine turner ON? The machine needs to detect the front door being opened and closed in order to reset the error and try again. So if you replaced the IU with the machine turned OFF, then turn it ON, open and close the front door and see if the error disappears with the new IU.

Did the error show right after you put the new IU? Or did you manage to get a few copies out first?

Next is the drum-turning bit: To check if it is turning, make a small mark on the very edge of the drum with a soft-tip pen, put it in the machine, turn it on, reset the error and wait. When the machine gives out the error again, pull out the IU and check if the mark you made is still in the same place.

nmilisic
07-02-2012, 08:42 AM
Out of curiosity, did you replace the IU with the machine turner ON? The machine needs to detect the front door being opened and closed in order to reset the error and try again. So if you replaced the IU with the machine turned OFF, then turn it ON, open and close the front door and see if the error disappears with the new IU.

Did the error show right after you put the new IU? Or did you manage to get a few copies out first?

Next is the drum-turning bit: To check if it is turning, make a small mark on the very edge of the drum with a soft-tip pen, put it in the machine, turn it on, reset the error and wait. When the machine gives out the error again, pull out the IU and check if the mark you made is still in the same place.

First, thank you for your help mrwho.

I did it like you said (marks on drum edge) machine gives out c2557 again, I check IU and drum is touring for sure. First machine show message for a few seconds "replace K toner" and after that c2557..

I put that IU in another machine (they have one c250p also) and everything is normal. Then I try K toner in c250p and also - everything is perfect. But in c250 I have c2557...

Please, advise what next to do. Thanks.

mrwho
07-02-2012, 09:25 AM
Check the black connector where the IU's TD sensor connects to the machine - it's in the front of the machine. Check for any broken or pinched wire, and see if the connector is correctly positioned, and if the IU's connector gets inside okay (compare it with the other colors).

nmilisic
07-02-2012, 09:32 AM

I miss to answer on this part..

First time when I put new IU I managed to print 2-3 copies, but page was with black/grey background all over.

mrwho
07-02-2012, 09:39 AM
The machine is either overcompensating the toner because it can't detect it - Check the black connector as I said before; If not, then you're in for some hard time - probably one or more of the HV connectors at the back of the machine got rusty and snapped. Check this post I did 2 years ago (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/24054-c250-black-background-2.html#post117541) so you know what you can check next. If this is it, then you're lucky it's the back color, because that's the only one I know it's possible to replace. If it happens on any other color you either create a bypass with some electrical wire or you sell the customer another machine.

Good luck!

nmilisic
07-02-2012, 09:54 AM
The machine is either overcompensating the toner because it can't detect it - Check the black connector as I said before; If not, then you're in for some hard time - probably one or more of the HV connectors at the back of the machine got rusty and snapped. Check this post I did 2 years ago (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/24054-c250-black-background-2.html#post117541) so you know what you can check next. If this is it, then you're lucky it's the back color, because that's the only one I know it's possible to replace. If it happens on any other color you either create a bypass with some electrical wire or you sell the customer another machine.

Good luck!

Once again thanks, now I go to check that black connectors..

Toxic
07-02-2012, 12:20 PM
I dont understand this disscusion...
Machine nicely requesting new toner and you check and replace everything else?
Reason why that empty toner works on other machine is some ammount of toner in toner ducts and that is enough for few copies with no problem.
Try put some bw print job about 100-200 sheets and that machine will give you same the code.
Did you try put new toner and try again,run toner supply from service menu?
Today i have same error on bizhub c352 and like many times before problem was empty toner and peple who works with machine simply open/close door when machine asks for toner and it works 5-100 copies,maybe ask toner few times than just give code c-2557.

Ps:jesi ti neki nas?

mrwho
07-02-2012, 01:03 PM
I dont understand this disscusion...
Machine nicely requesting new toner and you check and replace everything else?
Reason why that empty toner works on other machine is some ammount of toner in toner ducts and that is enough for few copies with no problem.
Try put some bw print job about 100-200 sheets and that machine will give you same the code.
Did you try put new toner and try again,run toner supply from service menu?
Today i have same error on bizhub c352 and like many times before problem was empty toner and peple who works with machine simply open/close door when machine asks for toner and it works 5-100 copies,maybe ask toner few times than just give code c-2557.

Ps:jesi ti neki nas?

What you're describing was one of the first things pointed out in this thread by Skazic (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/67037-konica-minolta-c250.html#post299975). So, everything I said after that was assuming that hypothesis was ruled out by Nmilisic. Of course you could be right and I'm barking at the wrong tree here, but all we can do is give ideas on how to solve the problem, is the asker who must try out everything and ultimately find what's wrong with the machine.

Toxic
07-02-2012, 01:58 PM
Yes,my advice is already posted on first page but author also said that he is try that toner on other machine ,not new one,so everybody forget about that and that is crucial (in my opinion).
I explain why that toner worked on other machine.

@nmilisic
Did you try put new toner in machine?
Try open to chech is there some toner inside toner box.
Can you make difference between full and empty toner,i mean did you change them before so can make difference when hold it in hands?

@mrwho
I hope that you're not offended, we all want to help and everyone can make mistakes and we are not clairvoyant. ;)

Darren King
07-02-2012, 08:40 PM
There is also the toner port that opens when you slide the IU in. Check to make sure it is opening.

mrwho
07-02-2012, 09:55 PM
@mrwho
I hope that you're not offended, we all want to help and everyone can make mistakes and we are not clairvoyant. ;)

Not at all, just clarifying my position.

Cheers!

nmilisic
07-16-2012, 07:22 AM
I try (from another machine) K toner, K -IU, IBT bet, HV connectors, HV board and still no black on print or copy.... I try to manual add toner to black IU and K-TCR starts on 17,44% but than drop to 0.99%..

Other TCR (CMY) are always normal (about 8%), I tried forced black toner but all that black toner machine launch to waste box...

Machine have 64000 black and 14000 color prints...

any suggestion:confused: what I should check next?

bronco31
08-20-2012, 11:16 PM
what hopeless awful technology that has to constantly add toner to achieve this magical 8% mix of dev and toner...
mono-component Kyoceras (the toner has the dev mixed in it already) seems brilliant... yet they too can be "overtoned"... then get smudges, random dot clouds ... meaning the developer trough gets "overfilled" ???? ( i still dont know if im properly doing the AC Calibration, all colors at +4)
honestly, its like we techs are expected to understand/ be imaging equipment design/electrical engineers ..

JR2ALTA
08-21-2012, 03:04 AM
what hopeless awful technology that has to constantly add toner to achieve this magical 8% mix of dev and toner... mono-component Kyoceras (the toner has the dev mixed in it already) seems brilliant... yet they too can be "overtoned"... then get smudges, random dot clouds ... meaning the developer trough gets "overfilled" ???? ( i still dont know if im properly doing the AC Calibration, all colors at +4) honestly, its like we techs are expected to understand/ be imaging equipment design/electrical engineers .. I don't think Kyo's overtone..more like rare clumping or doctor blade failures.

nmilisic
12-01-2012, 09:20 AM
Sorry for the late response...
I have replaced PWB-M and now everything is ok.

Thanks everyone for help!

Custom Search