PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Bizhub C253

Custom Search

Boooothy92
07-02-2012, 12:30 AM
Hello,

I do not know if this is a bit of a taboo subject, but I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice on 'clocking' or resetting the counters on a Bizhub C253?

Much Appreciated,

Mike

JustManuals
07-02-2012, 01:19 AM
If we told you we'd have to kill you too.

GTFOH!

Mr Spock
07-02-2012, 01:22 AM
Call KM and ask for a new nvram chip. Only cost 5000 US dollars.

ck1
07-02-2012, 01:35 AM
Call KM and ask for a new nvram chip. Only cost 5000 US dollars.
Crazy ... 5000 USD ! better buy new machine

RRodgers
07-02-2012, 06:13 AM
Hello,

I do not know if this is a bit of a taboo subject, but I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice on 'clocking' or resetting the counters on a Bizhub C253?

Much Appreciated,

Mike

Yeah sure no problem, but you'll have to buy my book.

How to roll back meters on cars, trucks, copiers and just about anything else you can think of for the common asshole.

Only $19.95

Act now and I'll throw in some free firmware to boot.
Hurry while supplies last.

Boooothy92
07-02-2012, 07:26 AM
Haha!

Can't say I didn't expect these replies.

There is a place local to me that knows how to do it and everytime we get a Develop/Konica Minolta c253 back from them, they have opened it up internally. It's like they can make their own NVRAM chips (which I presume is what you need?)

Boooothy92
07-02-2012, 09:01 PM
I'd be willing to pay if that tempts anyone?

JSC
07-02-2012, 09:09 PM
What makes you think a site for engineers would give you info like that!! :mad: Go and find a site that copier salesmen use im sure they will give you that info................for a price

Boooothy92
07-02-2012, 09:34 PM
Actually, I'm currently training as an engineer and I am contemplating setting up my own business.
I'm currently fully refurbishing one of these machines for my Dad's mate and would like to know how to wipe the counters.
That is all.

I am new to this so I apologise.

Mike.

mrwho
07-02-2012, 09:51 PM
I can sell you some info on how to "throttle" the electronic counters on Konica's 7020. It's genuine info, and it might work on other (old) models. But it will cost you. A lot. And no refunds.

EarthKmTech
07-02-2012, 10:13 PM
This practice is immoral and will only cause problems for your reputation down the track. A successful business cannot be built on cheating your customers, positive word of mouth is one of the easiest ways to make it big. Once your name is mud no one will deal with you again or anyone they know, selling over priced worn out machines fraudulently sold as low voliume is sure to get you there.

A "refurbishment" better include all plastic paper trays, all plastic guides in the paper path including complete duplex unit, all clutches and rollers including complete registration unit and fusing drive unit. All new or the machine isnt refurbished.

Boooothy92
07-03-2012, 07:39 AM
This practice is immoral and will only cause problems for your reputation down the track. A successful business cannot be built on cheating your customers, positive word of mouth is one of the easiest ways to make it big. Once your name is mud no one will deal with you again or anyone they know, selling over priced worn out machines fraudulently sold as low voliume is sure to get you there.

A "refurbishment" better include all plastic paper trays, all plastic guides in the paper path including complete duplex unit, all clutches and rollers including complete registration unit and fusing drive unit. All new or the machine isnt refurbished.

It does bar plastic paper trays.
I just want it to impress my dads mate and his work colleagues, but by saying 110,000 on the clock will always put doubt in their mind :/
I'd appreciate anyone that could help me anyway.

PeterG
07-03-2012, 07:45 AM
You don't think they are going to notice it's secondhand.

Boooothy92
07-03-2012, 07:58 AM
You don't think they are going to notice it's secondhand.

They know it's second hand! I'm not attempting to con anyone.
It's like putting new alloys on a car. It's not going to improve the machine, I just want it to look better.

pepper38_cnd
07-03-2012, 12:30 PM
So you want to be a “Refurbisher!”
You’ve learned all the basics:
How to reset or rechip the Image Units
How to Re-fuse the Fuser and Transfer Belt
Your pretty handy with a Stretch & Dust and a Vaccume
A little Windex and alcohol and they look like new!

Now your first Victim (Oops I meant Customer!) “ A friend of the family, your Dad’s Mate!”

Now he thinks he’s getting a real Deal. It pays to have friends in the business!

Fast forward maybe 6 months or say 20,000 copies. ( about the day after whatever sort of Warranty you may have given him, has expired.) Now there is orange rubber exiting the machine as the fuser disintegrates. A touch of the exclamation symbol on the displays shows a host of “P Codes” from the failing Transfer Belt. And the copies have more color stripes then a Gay Pride Flag! Because all the IU’s are worn out.

Now your Dad’s Mate realizes he has the best looking piece of crap money can buy! Replacing all the required consumables will cost him a ton of cash!

Your only 19! They probably won’t throw your ass in jail for this! At least not the first time!

Avskrap
07-03-2012, 02:21 PM
They know it's second hand! I'm not attempting to con anyone.
It's like putting new alloys on a car. It's not going to improve the machine, I just want it to look better.

110,000 clicks on a C253 is basically just run-in. We have several in the field clocking around 800k atm without any major issues (ofcourse they all had their lasers swapped, belts modified etc.).
The consumables needs to be replaced, maybe not at the first interval depending on wear, but definately at the second.

Nulling the counter is a douche move, don't do it. Ever.

Ever.

Boooothy92
07-03-2012, 08:28 PM
So you want to be a “Refurbisher!”
You’ve learned all the basics:
How to reset or rechip the Image Units
How to Re-fuse the Fuser and Transfer Belt
Your pretty handy with a Stretch & Dust and a Vaccume
A little Windex and alcohol and they look like new!

Now your first Victim (Oops I meant Customer!) “ A friend of the family, your Dad’s Mate!”

Now he thinks he’s getting a real Deal. It pays to have friends in the business!

Fast forward maybe 6 months or say 20,000 copies. ( about the day after whatever sort of Warranty you may have given him, has expired.) Now there is orange rubber exiting the machine as the fuser disintegrates. A touch of the exclamation symbol on the displays shows a host of “P Codes” from the failing Transfer Belt. And the copies have more color stripes then a Gay Pride Flag! Because all the IU’s are worn out.

Now your Dad’s Mate realizes he has the best looking piece of crap money can buy! Replacing all the required consumables will cost him a ton of cash!

Your only 19! They probably won’t throw your ass in jail for this! At least not the first time!

Very patronising. I used to be a keyboard warrior on a forum a couple of years back but I grew up, and yes I'm only 19.
Problems arise, problems I fix. He knows this (within limits of course).
It's not going to be bashed royally, he just needs this type of machine.
Like I've already said, I want to do it for aesthetic reasons.

That is all.

minimerlin
07-03-2012, 08:48 PM
Very patronising. I used to be a keyboard warrior on a forum a couple of years back but I grew up, and yes I'm only 19.

That is all.I think you need to grow up some more then!

If you think that resetting counters is just for aesthetic reasons ...may I suggest it would be more like unethical!

As others have already stated, this is a forum for engineers and its aim is to help out each other with problems. I do not think that your desire to reset counters is a problem! How would you feel if you bought a car that had new alloys fitted and at the same time the garage clocked the speedo....that would be illegal.....if you are not careful you will be going down a very slippery slope, if you start out in business with your present attitude!:(

Kmdurrin
07-03-2012, 09:55 PM

That is all.

I just had to deal with a C252 that some asswipe like you sold to someone. The transfer belt was shot, the IUs streaked like crazy, the feed clutches were destroyed, the registration roller was falling apart, yet the machine only showed 500 total prints. It was a nice piece of profit for me to fix it all, but the customer was extremely pissed.

If this machine is really for your dads "mate", and he is aware that the machine is used (110K is not that used btw), then why the hell (other than the "asthetic" bs you talked about) do you feel like you need to reset all the counters?

JSC
07-03-2012, 10:11 PM
I want to do it for aesthetic reasons.

That is all.

Bullshit!! The one and only reason to zero a counter is to con someone end of...........

Boooothy92
07-03-2012, 10:50 PM
"Asswipe". Brilliant. Grow up a bit sunshine okay?

And for the second time, it's JUST for aesthetic reasons.

I'm just hoping I don't turn into some of the low self esteemed, wannabe know it all engineers I've seen on this site so far, including this thread.
A simple "to be honest, it's realistically not going to happen and we would advise against it" would have been fine.

Grow up and stop being keyboard warriors.

Kmdurrin
07-03-2012, 10:57 PM

I'm just hoping I don't turn into some of the low self esteemed, wannabe know it all engineers I've seen on this site so far, including this thread.
A simple "to be honest, it's realistically not going to happen and we would advise against it" would have been fine.

You mad bro?

minimerlin
07-03-2012, 11:14 PM

Well.. since you seem to be happy in your own crap...good luck and I hope you make a total mess of the rest of your career...such as it is. Just do not expect any assistance from the very experienced real engineers on this forum! I will not be bothering to waste any more of my time on a pip-squeeck still in nappies! I suppose at least you can spell some big words ..even if you have no idea of the meaning of them. Aesthetics has got nothing to do with copier counters...they are all digits!!:rolleyes:

PeterG
07-03-2012, 11:21 PM

"to be honest, it's realistically not going to happen and we would advise against it"

Boooothy92
07-03-2012, 11:22 PM
"to be honest, it's realistically not going to happen and we would advise against it"

Ahhh nice one cheers.

RRodgers
07-04-2012, 03:44 AM
I'm starting to think.... a Mass Ignore is in order. What do you guys think?

RRodgers
07-04-2012, 03:54 AM
Haha!

Can't say I didn't expect these replies.

There is a place local to me that knows how to do it and everytime we get a Develop/Konica Minolta c253 back from them, they have opened it up internally. It's like they can make their own NVRAM chips (which I presume is what you need?)
Who are they? What's there name? Got a website?

Custom Search