PDA

View Full Version : C452 with trouble reset and AES showing?

Custom Search

Taminol
07-02-2012, 08:29 PM
Hi guys,

I setup a C452 today and at the point where I first switched the device on, i was greeted by the Trouble Reset button in the middle of the screen and also an AES button (no idea what that is though) See pic.
The only reference to AES in the manual is to do with encryption.
I pushed the trouble reset, turned off/on and it booted, but with the black dot/circle in the top right of the screen. The black dot/circle is the one you get when you hold the Utility button down, before a trouble reset.
The only remedial steps I have taken is to reload D1 F/W, unmount / remount HDD and initialize.
KM haven't heard of this problem before and are going to send me an MFP board.

The machine will display the screen shot every time it comes out of energy save. And sometimes it will display only for a couple of seconds before you get the KM logo, then it goes straight in to tech mode - with no button pressing!

Anyone got any ideas.....?

Cheers

Tam16518

TheOwl
07-02-2012, 11:28 PM
If you have another control panel laying about as the Utility / Counter button may still stuck.

The AES button is to re-sync the AES encryption between the main board and the HDD. In previous firmware revisions, there was a bug somewhere which stopped access to files on the HDD. You could still save files on the HDD, but you couldn't retrieve them because the encryption keys came out of sync.

Before Konica Minolta introduced that button, you would have to format the HDD to get it back into sync which of course meant loosing all the data that was on there.

Taminol
07-03-2012, 08:14 AM
If you have another control panel laying about as the Utility / Counter button may still stuck.

The AES button is to re-sync the AES encryption between the main board and the HDD. In previous firmware revisions, there was a bug somewhere which stopped access to files on the HDD. You could still save files on the HDD, but you couldn't retrieve them because the encryption keys came out of sync.

Before Konica Minolta introduced that button, you would have to format the HDD to get it back into sync which of course meant loosing all the data that was on there.

Thanks for your reply.
I have had a look at the Utility / Counter button on the panel and it appears to be functioning (releasing and clicking) correctly. All the fuctions accessed by this button work correctly. But I will see if we have another panel, just to rule it out.......or in, as the case maybe.

TheOwl
07-03-2012, 11:33 PM
Just by chance, did you also try to get into service mode from the Trouble Reset screen?

Taminol
07-04-2012, 09:19 AM
Just by chance, did you also try to get into service mode from the Trouble Reset screen?

Must admit I haven't tried to access service mode from the Trouble screen.
What would this tell me?
Sometimes the machine goes directly in to service model with no buttom pressing at boot up.
I have a main board turning up today (fingers crossed) and hopefully this will fix the problem. Will post the result later....

Custom Search