PDA

View Full Version : 8060 w/ J43

Custom Search

copiman
07-03-2012, 02:07 PM
Have an 8060 with j43 jams. Wants to do it every now and then, not enough to get my hands on the problem. The bushings on the roller ( the roller after the fuser right at the junction gate ) were bound up. I pulled it, cleaned the bushings and lubed. When it does jam, the paper goes down into the inverter area but does not return. Nothing blocking the paper. I checked the operation of the solenoid that applies pressure of the rollers in the inverter section and its fine. This took a while for me because I am not fimiliar with its operation and could not find an output mode for it in F4. I am going today and swap out the exit door assembly because someone told me they have heard the door assembly can get warped. I thought about the inverter motor, which will be my next task if the door does not solve it. Fuser unit is turning freely as well. It jams only when the paper goes into the inverter section. Copies are single sided. Thought I would throw this out there to see if anyone may have seen this or see if the fix could be one of those that does not follow theory.

Hope evryone has a great 4th of July.

vedder
07-03-2012, 03:02 PM
Hi there, on the inverter section, check that the springs are on each side, sometimes they can fall off and cause jams, you can see where they should be by looking at the section without removing it.

Hope that helps.

mojorolla
07-03-2012, 04:22 PM
In F4 numbers 104 & 105 is the solenoid at fuser exit. The black baffle with all the little black fingers. If this stutters at all, you are catching on the exit door or have a bad solenoid. 106 & 107 is the solenoid that moves the inverter roll. J43 means it is not reaching the exit sensor. Basically, it is not coming up out of the inverter and exiting the machine. The exit door itself doesn't warp, but the clips holding the latch shaft can bend up causing this code. Also check the brown mylars on the exit door. Have seen that one a few times. F4 102 & 103 will run the inverter motor forward and in reverse.

:)

JustManuals
07-03-2012, 07:07 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

copiman
07-03-2012, 07:24 PM
Thanks Vedder. The springs are on there. On another machine, I had one popping off the front bushing. Someone told me that if that continues, replace both springs. I did that and have not heard from that customer in months.

copiman
07-03-2012, 07:37 PM
In F4 numbers 104 & 105 is the solenoid at fuser exit. The black baffle with all the little black fingers. If this stutters at all, you are catching on the exit door or have a bad solenoid. 106 & 107 is the solenoid that moves the inverter roll. J43 means it is not reaching the exit sensor. Basically, it is not coming up out of the inverter and exiting the machine. The exit door itself doesn't warp, but the clips holding the latch shaft can bend up causing this code. Also check the brown mylars on the exit door. Have seen that one a few times. F4 102 & 103 will run the inverter motor forward and in reverse.

:) Thanks Mojo. You are correct. The paper goes down into the inverter, but does not come back up. When you open the exit door you can see the paper between the inverter rollers with about an inch or so above the inverter rollers. This is why my thought was maybe the motor. Which if the door does not do the trick, I will try the motor. The mylars on the exit door do look old. What is your thoughts on the springs that apply pressure between the inverter rollers? Have you seen any issues with them?

mojorolla
07-03-2012, 08:32 PM
I usually just loop the springs a little tighter. It will give you some extra life but will eventually need replaced. Also, check the face of the actuter inside the inverter. It can form a ridge and slow the paper down, causing J43.

:)

doug94550
07-09-2012, 06:10 PM
I would also take a look at the inverter sensor and actuator. If I remember correctly, when the paper drops down and hits the inverter actuator/sensor, that delivers the signal for the motor to reverse. Maybe the sensor is beginning to fail. It could be dirty too.
Doug

copiman
07-20-2012, 12:55 PM
Well its official sports fans. I replaced the exit door assembly from an 3530 and to date there has been no jams. Not sure just yet about what exactly the problem is. When I get time I will look into it further. Will post if I come up with anything. Just following up with the fix.

Custom Search