PDA

View Full Version : Properties not appearing on Mac

Custom Search

ltatro
07-03-2012, 04:23 PM
Hi, I am connected to a Konica Minolta Bizhub C5501 with Command Workstation. I have no problems printing to it, however I cannot get to any of the advanced property print options ( choice of tray, media, finishing, etc). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

RRodgers
07-04-2012, 03:51 AM
Hi, I am connected to a Konica Minolta Bizhub C5501 with Command Workstation. I have no problems printing to it, however I cannot get to any of the advanced property print options ( choice of tray, media, finishing, etc). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Make sure that you select all the options that you have installed on the copier into the print driver. Sorry, I haven't connect a Mac in a while so I can't rattle off the top of my head were to go in the driver to select what you need. And always be sure you have the latest driver.

JR2ALTA
07-04-2012, 04:45 AM
I am pretty computer but don't expect anything to be the same as Windows. My philosophy is that a company with Macs should by rule have at least one Mac Geek. Many copier companies aren't lucky enough to have a tech that's Mac literate, we'd love one to play around with if they weren't so damned expensive.

RRodgers
07-04-2012, 07:52 AM
I am pretty computer but don't expect anything to be the same as Windows. My philosophy is that a company with Macs should by rule have at least one Mac Geek. Many copier companies aren't lucky enough to have a tech that's Mac literate, we'd love one to play around with if they weren't so damned expensive.

I just picked up a Mac (non Intel) for not too much money. They can be had, you just have to look. Use it and abuse it, break it and fix it. Then you'll be the Mac Guru... and guess what.... more reason to keep you around. :)

pakalo
07-04-2012, 08:43 AM
Hello nice Itatro, I think you as an EFI Fiery Print Controller IC-408 connected to C5501, right? Its software is updated to version 2.0? I suggest you get from the official site www.efi.com (http://www.efi.com) the new version 3D of EFI Fiery software suite that includes the new Command Workstation ver. 5.3. This works fine even on Lion. To register on the site EFI you just need to name and email address. Or you have problems on printing using the printer drivers? Have you enabled bidirectional communication drivers on the Mac? You have the option of C5501 properly configured?
What OS are you using? Where did you get the printer drivers?
Ciao ciao.

Custom Search