PDA

View Full Version : bizhub c451 triangle hub on fuser causing LOUD clacking on gate

Custom Search

mrfuser
07-03-2012, 06:11 PM
Does anyone know of a fix for this? That plastic triangle hub on the non op side of the fuser turns to activate the sensors through it pushing on the gate. Every time it does that it clacks very loud, and as you know these run all the time, so is there any fix for this?

Thanks

Kelly

minimerlin
07-03-2012, 08:55 PM
Normally I just get squeeks from these beasties, not clacking but I can only suggest checking that the shaft that the plastic disc actually strikes can move. It should be free to rotate and the rest of the little unit should pivot. There was a mod to give the disc a belt drive but as for anything else I am stumped! Grease?

mrfuser
07-03-2012, 09:07 PM
The shutter assembly clacks against frame

Kmdurrin
07-03-2012, 09:44 PM
Check that the washers on the shaft of the rotation sensor are still there. If you've taken the sensor apart, then they may have fallen out. We've also used a very thin (like cardstock thin) heat resistant foam pad on the door to dampen the noise. Also check that the spring tension on the sensor door is not too high.

gpsorell
07-03-2012, 09:45 PM
The Rotation Sensor Actuator Assembly has been updated to fix this problem. The details of the update are on Konica Parts Bulletin #8330, dated 2/28/12.

bkcusp
07-08-2012, 11:35 PM
The Rotation Sensor Actuator Assembly has been updated to fix this problem. The details of the update are on Konica Parts Bulletin #8330, dated 2/28/12.

that is correct. you can always buy one of those non-slip stickers used for chair legs and cut it down to shape

Gort
07-09-2012, 05:13 AM
Cut 2 pieces of cleaning pad about 1/4 inch square each and stick them under the arms inside the sensor case.
Remove the fuser and the sensor housing, you will see where the lever arms hit the black plastic housing.
Clean the plastic with alcohol before sticking the pads under the stopper arms. Reassemble in reverse order :cool:
The spare pads are inside the front cover of tray # 1 (there is a door on the top of the tray cover).

Custom Search