PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous c550 Admin password locked out

Custom Search

akd
07-09-2012, 09:40 AM
I have a c550 where the admin password 1-8 now no longer works. When you try to reset it in service mode you can enter the new password once then it will lock out and not allow you to enter it a second time for confirmation. I have spoken to 4 different people at KM for 4 different suggestions. Have tried the Dimms and firmware. MFP board works via a crossover.

Any thoughts please

emujo
07-09-2012, 07:50 PM
My 1st question would be "What did you do that requires a reset of the admin password?"..In the 501 series this usually happens when the CF card becomes corrupt..Did you replace anything prior to this? Emujo

mrwho
07-09-2012, 07:53 PM
Did you try the NVRAM reset tool?

akd
07-11-2012, 08:38 AM
did you format the hard disk ?

No , machine was delivered along with a new c452, went to set up IP address and can not access admin.

akd
07-11-2012, 08:39 AM
Did you try the NVRAM reset tool?

Not yet, I have been told by KM it is definatly not NVRAM. Probably woth a go then!

AlSyed
11-20-2013, 01:36 AM
I have a c550 where the admin password 1-8 now no longer works. When you try to reset it in service mode you can enter the new password once then it will lock out and not allow you to enter it a second time for confirmation. I have spoken to 4 different people at KM for 4 different suggestions. Have tried the Dimms and firmware. MFP board works via a crossover.

Any thoughts please

Just done a Reset Admin Password, After trying other ways, I find this simple to work with.
Service mode then System1 then Initialization then Reset Data....
MIGHT have to do HDD installation and format as well.
Good Luck

Custom Search