PDA

View Full Version : KM C253 - "License management error"

Custom Search

diogorui
07-09-2012, 09:11 PM
Hi

Need some help, my c253 last weak just whent crazy, when i turn it on she stay with dark scream and the orange / blue lightes blinking, so i use the nvram recovery tool to deal with this, and it´s alive now, but with a new problem, it gives to me License Manegement Error, and when i try to print or copy the paper came out with dark block on it, so this is a second hand machine and i got no help service for this.

So i ask is some one where that can help me to deal with this problem.

Thank´s

Rui Diogo

EarthKmTech
07-09-2012, 11:39 PM
if youve initialized the nvram you need to perform the out of the box setup asif the machine was brand new to unlock it, which includes inputting the correct serial number. someone (not me ) will have the setup instructions in pdf form.

if after performing that you still have a license management error you will need to perform the licence repair function and you will need access to the kmbt licence management server. (procedure outlined in the service manual)

if your not a tech and find this all a bit full on, pay for one.

diogorui
07-09-2012, 11:48 PM
Hi

That step to setup the machine i think that is missing, i will try that if any one where show to me where is to download, and after if i´m still no able to complte this task i will call to konica portugal.

Thank´s
Rui Diogo

Shadow
07-10-2012, 02:31 AM
16557[ATTACH]16557 use this file for setup of the machine.

RRodgers
07-10-2012, 04:33 AM
I'll be more than happy to help you with this problem, my rate is $189 an hour and I'm a Konica tech.

diogorui
07-10-2012, 09:12 AM
I'll be more than happy to help you with this problem, my rate is $189 an hour and I'm a Konica tech.

Hi

Let me try first to do an clean config, and if after that i´m still no able to get there i will call for your help.

One thing that price you ask is too hig but i think that whe can make a deal, like i say, let me try first, because this is my job, is selling copys.

Thank´s, i will leave feedback soon whas possible.

Rui Diogo

emujo
07-10-2012, 06:23 PM
Hi.

One thing that price you ask is too hig but i think that whe can make a deal, like i say, let me try first, because this is my job, is selling copys.

Rui Diogo

You think the price is to high....well let us know how the $50 per hour tech does with the problem..or even the $0 per hour help your getting from yourself...BTW, here in the south, the going rate for a non contrated customer can go up to 185 p/hr...my training and knowlege is worth something to the company (even if I only see a fraction of that $185).

rvb1223
07-10-2012, 06:34 PM
You think the price is to high....well let us know how the $50 per hour tech does with the problem..or even the $0 per hour help your getting from yourself...BTW, here in the south, the going rate for a non contrated customer can go up to 185 p/hr...my training and knowlege is worth something to the company (even if I only see a fraction of that $185).

You will need to go to KM site and get new code. NVRAM is reset and needs key codes.

diogorui
07-10-2012, 09:14 PM

Hi

I´m not in US i´m in Portugal, and where the minimun salary is about 482,00€, my copy price to the public 0,04€ black and 0,35€ color, so 185$ is to much for me.

Ok now the feedback , black squares are gone after a fully installion out of the box, about the License management still there but let me do all the thing´s i need to do with the km, so if any one where do a better price for a restore code and a licence code, i will clear this error, if not thank´s any way.

My best thank´s to Shadow, is a great person, if you need something let me now... i will give to you my best.

Thank´s
Rui Diogo

mrwho
07-10-2012, 09:48 PM
Hi

I´m not in US i´m in Portugal, and where the minimun salary is about 482,00€, my copy price to the public 0,04€ black and 0,35€ color, so 185$ is to much for me.

Ok now the feedback , black squares are gone after a fully installion out of the box, about the License management still there but let me do all the thing´s i need to do with the km, so if any one where do a better price for a restore code and a licence code, i will clear this error, if not thank´s any way.

My best thank´s to Shadow, is a great person, if you need something let me now... i will give to you my best.

Thank´s
Rui Diogo

Yup! Here in Portugal the hourly wage varies between 50€ and 100€ per hour, depending on the company, machine being worked on, yada yada. 185$, even adjusted to euros, I believe no one practices around here, not even Xerox (known as the priciest brand around these parts, don't know about other parts of the world).

PS: Benvindo ao fórum! :)

RRodgers
07-10-2012, 10:45 PM
Sorry, but my car doesnt run on hopes and dreams. Good luck.

Mr Spock
07-11-2012, 12:33 AM
185 usd is approx 151 euro

just fyi

kingpd@businessprints.net
07-11-2012, 01:14 AM
Google just said as of now 1 euro is 1.2251 dollars...so your currency is more valuable than ours.

So in US Dollars you are charging $0.05 per b/w copy and $0.43 per color copy.

Well that is outrageous and too high!

Every day I get nickel and dimed by people wanting to pay $0.005 for a b/w copy and $0.05 for color. And these are the picky people that sell the copies and want perfect quality ALL the time and do like 80% coverage...so I can basically figure on getting like 10% of the rated copies out of each toner and about half life on the drums.

And I can count on other shitty parts needing replaced because of the manufacturer going all japonese to make flimsy plastic parts just so they can make a few extra billion dollars per year and keep wall street happy with their earnings...while I have to warranty their pos boxes at my own personal expense...

Hi

Thank´s
Rui Diogo

mrwho
07-11-2012, 08:15 AM
because of the manufacturer going all japonese to make flimsy plastic parts

Don't you really mean "chinese"?

07-11-2012, 08:26 AM
I guess I have the deluxe junk because some of my stuff says made in Japan.

Don't you really mean "chinese"?

mrwho
07-11-2012, 08:46 AM
I guess I have the deluxe junk because some of my stuff says made in Japan.

Ah, the old "If it ain't made in the USA then it ain't worth shit" feeling. :)

07-11-2012, 09:07 AM
Not really...depends on what it is. For equipment and industrial stuff I prefer German engineering.

For strawberry preserves I prefer an English brand called Partridges...it's hand made.

For a nice cheap greasy meal, any shithole diner around here will usually do.

For the very rare few beers I enjoy, the Belgium monk made kind.

For pastries and cheeses, French stuff

For American automobiles...I'd say I don't like much of anything after 1972.

I suppose America makes some nice things, handcrafted furniture, cool guns, although there's a really nice british company that does handgraved double barrel shotguns.

Ah, the old "If it ain't made in the USA then it ain't worth shit" feeling. :)

diogorui
07-11-2012, 06:09 PM
Hi

I just put my license back again, and this time google help (no charging :) at all)... so all is ok now, thank´s for the help.

And please stop and think, this argument that i just read abouve in the post, about America, China and so on, is not really good for the forum, pls leave it out side not in where, because that don´t take any where.

For a adding a feedback about the cf card i use:

PNY 1g - dont work
Sandisk 128m - work like a charme

Thank´s all
Rui Diogo

PS for mrwho
Gosto da casa...

mrwho
07-11-2012, 09:20 PM
And please stop and think, this argument that i just read abouve in the post, about America, China and so on, is not really good for the forum, pls leave it out side not in where, because that don´t take any where.

Although you're right that this is not the place (my bad!), there's the Rants & Raves forum section that is appropriate, and, if Kingdb wants to continue this conversation, there's a thread there just begging for this kind of stuff - wink, wink, nudge, nudge! :D

Gosto da casa...

Yeah, the people are okay, it's the food that's lousy! ;)

EarthKmTech
07-12-2012, 10:26 PM
Every day I get nickel and dimed by people wanting to pay $0.005 for a b/w copy and $0.05 for color. And these are the picky people that sell the copies and want perfect quality ALL the time and do like 80% coverage...so I can basically figure on getting like 10% of the rated copies out of each toner and about half life on the drums.

The continous downward pressure on copy costs are unsustainable. Its already at the point now where the machines are barely making a profit at all unless the customer does alot of colour printing in an office environment. Print shops should be made to pay double the rest of the world if they expect perfection, not half, if it were upto me I'd never deal with any of them and save the headaches ;)

07-13-2012, 08:12 AM
I've been getting more picky when I can, which is a hard thing to do when you are trying to sell to make a living.

Kodak, Konica Minolta, and Xerox are making things the worse for everybody around here...

Government bids were never that attractive to me but I've ruled them out now because Kodak had been putting bids in for .001 for a b/w print. (production)

Konica Minolta has apparently although more discretely been doing bizhubs direct at .003 b/w.

Xerox has been doing some contracts at .0275 color any sheet size, although they price discriminate a lot. Some people are paying double what others are.

It's about at the point where I might as well say screw it and buy these machines myself or take a commission.

The only way I've been surviving is doing second hand stuff so I can beat out the machine costs...but some people want new.

The continous downward pressure on copy costs are unsustainable. Its already at the point now where the machines are barely making a profit at all unless the customer does alot of colour printing in an office environment. Print shops should be made to pay double the rest of the world if they expect perfection, not half, if it were upto me I'd never deal with any of them and save the headaches ;)

EarthKmTech
07-15-2012, 12:02 AM
As a technician I have grave concerns for the future of this industry for that very reason. I've never done anything else since the day i left school, so i'm kinda screwed.

Government contracts there probably much like here are about moving boxes out of the factory and nothing to do with proffit, its never going to be an attractive proposition for dealers, let the direct branches have them as theres no money in it anyway.

There are plenty of dealers now that employ no technical staff at all and simply resell our machines and log the calls through us for their customers.

Again, where the hell am i going to be in 5 years time? A contract worker earning a quarter of what i am now? Unlikley i will leave the industry to flip burgers. Ive paid my house off anyway.

Custom Search