PDA

View Full Version : C452 power issue

Custom Search

EarthKmTech
07-10-2012, 02:54 PM
power turns off instantly when front door is closed, as if someones turned off the main switch.

will do the same thing if the side door is left open or closed.

new dcpu, new prcb, new mfp board no difference.

removed fusing unit, disconnected ihpu totally, no difference.
no accessories connected, no adf connected, even disconnected the scanner. no difference, same symptom.

machine will start up ok with front door open and no errors logged, as soon as the front door is closed at any stage, instantly off, no 5v no 24v no nothing.

turning off main sw and restarting it gets it going again. something is dead shorting somewhere..

machine is 1 month old.

Shadow
07-10-2012, 04:36 PM
was this machine like this when it was installed?
sounds like you have a short some where in the wiring.
have you been in contact with tech support?
what is the replacement warranty?
have you checked all the connectors to the switches in the doors?
sounds like a candidate for manufacturer replacement.

EarthKmTech
07-10-2012, 11:47 PM
machine was perfect up until last weekend.

come Monday when people come back to work, dead. I wouldn't be surprised if a little bit of lightning may of been involved.

all switches and their connectors checked out ok with a multimeter, no shorts.

we are the manufacturer, a loan machine is going in and we're going to try to get to the bottom of this one, ill imagine if we cant it'll get written off.

one thing i noticed was the AC voltage out of the wall was a little high @ 250V (240V region) once the machine gets back to our workshop, if it works, that's probably a possibility.

blackcat4866
07-11-2012, 12:15 AM
There are certainly plenty of other power related problems, but variations of less than 10% VAC usually aren't a problem. 4.16% is relatively clean. It wouldn't hurt to see what the power quality analyzer records.

I think the way that I would approach this, is to remove the back cover. With the front door open and power "up" I'd check all the DC Power Supply outputs. Then I'd close the door and make the same checks. What changes? Which pins lose voltage, and by how much? Are there any error codes stored?

The manual won't be much help to you. You can read output values right off the DCPS.

I've spent quite a bit of time on a similar issue. The main thing that I learned is that the PRCB enables each of the DC voltages on the DCPS. I started by replacing the DCPS and got the exact same outputs. When I replaced the PRCB the voltages came back at the DCPS, but the particular motor still didn't run.

Let us know what you discover. =^..^=

Perfect
09-25-2020, 07:56 PM
power turns off instantly when front door is closed, as if someones turned off the main switch.

will do the same thing if the side door is left open or closed.

new dcpu, new prcb, new mfp board no difference.

removed fusing unit, disconnected ihpu totally, no difference.
no accessories connected, no adf connected, even disconnected the scanner. no difference, same symptom.

machine will start up ok with front door open and no errors logged, as soon as the front door is closed at any stage, instantly off, no 5v no 24v no nothing.

turning off main sw and restarting it gets it going again. something is dead shorting somewhere..

machine is 1 month old.

Were you able to get to the root of the issue, I have a machine with the same issue; change DCPU, IHPU, MFPB. No luck

emujo2
09-25-2020, 08:03 PM
Look at the wiring diagram for the C452, I think it is fuser related, but can't swear to it..The main switch can be turned off by a electrical issue here..The typical short/ground will trip the breaker, but only 1 or 2 items will throw that main switch..Going from memory as I don't have access to these old SM any longer. E

tsbservice
09-25-2020, 08:20 PM
Bad sub-power switch?

Perfect
09-25-2020, 08:35 PM
Bad sub-power switch?

Is this a question

tsbservice
09-25-2020, 08:49 PM
Yeah, did you check it?

Perfect
09-25-2020, 09:08 PM
Yeah, did you check it?

The sub power switch on the right side of the screen(control console)? If yes, the switch is turned on after turning on the main switch. If the front, side or any other door is kept open the machine will be ON, but switch off completely immediately all doors are shut. I will try replacing the screen(control console) to see if it makes any difference

Synaux
09-26-2020, 04:32 AM
So you close the doors and the machine goes completely dead or does it act like it is is power saving mode?

Dunno...perhaps the main power switch is shorting out from vibrations closing the hatch? Trying tapping it with with a sledge hammer (or the likes).

The OP mentioned eliminating the Fuser, but I wonder if the fuser is getting up to temp in your case. If it is attempting to heat up the fuser only after you close the hatches that may be something to look at (in Service Mode).

Also, maybe try a different receptacle on a different circuit.

Perfect
09-26-2020, 12:08 PM
So you close the doors and the machine goes completely dead or does it act like it is is power saving mode?

Dunno...perhaps the main power switch is shorting out from vibrations closing the hatch? Trying tapping it with with a sledge hammer (or the likes).

The OP mentioned eliminating the Fuser, but I wonder if the fuser is getting up to temp in your case. If it is attempting to heat up the fuser only after you close the hatches that may be something to look at (in Service Mode).

Also, maybe try a different receptacle on a different circuit.
I try replacing the screen where the sub power switch is, take out the fuser, remove and disconnect IHPU completely the issue persist. In this case the fuser is not getting heat up before the machine switch off completely.

Perfect
09-29-2020, 07:44 PM
After several troubleshooting, the fuser motor was replaced and machine fires on back.
Best regard from Lagos, Nigeria.

Custom Search