PDA

View Full Version : Dead Machine Bizhub 253 lock up

Custom Search

acsolutions
07-11-2012, 08:36 PM
Hello, My c253 is locking up when I make one copy and when I hit the scan fax button I get a message " The specified operation cannot be performed due to the operation of another precess" I also cannot do an error reset, konica screen freezes. Service mode cannot be accessed as well. Re seated memory, print board. I am thinking main board any suggestions would be great! Thanks

diogorui
07-11-2012, 08:54 PM
Hi

My start to freez up to, some time ago then came the black scream, so i think you have the same problem that i have before, itīs the nvram problem, my whas solved with a tool call nvram restore.

If you do a search where in the forum you will see some post that have the information how to do it...

Cumps

Rui Diogo

mrwho
07-11-2012, 09:00 PM
I know there must be someone out there getting tired of me saying the same thing, but when everything else fails and before starting to replace expensive parts, try to do an NVRAM reset with the proper software tool.

diogorui
07-11-2012, 09:07 PM
Hi

My tool i buy it in the internet, but if you whant i give it for free, and also can help you do the job.
Cumps

Rui Diogo

EarthKmTech
07-11-2012, 11:54 PM
dont reset the NVRAM, yet.

unplug the hdd and start up the machine, once the hdd error comes up wait about 2 minutes and then attempt to access service mode, via utility mode.

if you can get into service mode and disable the hdd and restart the machine from the main switch.

if the machine appears to function ok, (you wont be able to scan/fax or print meter counts) the hdd has failed.

if this test is successful, replace the hdd, re-enable it, restart & format it.

I've had this very problem before.

mrwho
07-11-2012, 11:58 PM
dont reset the NVRAM, yet.

unplug the hdd and start up the machine, once the hdd error comes up wait about 2 minutes and then attempt to access service mode, via utility mode.

if you can get into service mode and disable the hdd and restart the machine from the main switch.

if the machine appears to function ok, (you wont be able to scan/fax or print meter counts) the hdd has failed.

if this test is successful, replace the hdd, re-enable it, restart & format it.

I've had this very problem before.

Yes, try this. Remember that I said "when everything else fails" and "before starting to replace expensive parts".

EarthKmTech
07-12-2012, 12:07 AM
my test is free and easily reversible, where as nvram reset is an instant pain in the ass :cool:

acsolutions
07-12-2012, 08:30 PM
Hey guys thanks for the response. I called the customer to find out if they wanted me to come back and they said they let the machine sit for a couple of hours and it was ok. I think they went with someone else! I told them it could possibly be the main board, memory or mvram but I would not know until I came out. The customer said they didnt want to pay for extra diagnosis! I told the customer it could be as simple as memory or a main controller and I would be able to bring everything that I need that could be causing the problem but they wanted the exact problem! I told them these type of problems were a bit more difficult and diagnosing was a little more tricky and it may take additional time. If the problem comes back I will let you all know what I had done to resolve the problem and I will try your suggestions. Thanks

mrwho
07-12-2012, 10:00 PM
Hey guys thanks for the response. I called the customer to find out if they wanted me to come back and they said they let the machine sit for a couple of hours and it was ok. I think they went with someone else! I told them it could possibly be the main board, memory or mvram but I would not know until I came out. The customer said they didnt want to pay for extra diagnosis! I told the customer it could be as simple as memory or a main controller and I would be able to bring everything that I need that could be causing the problem but they wanted the exact problem! I told them these type of problems were a bit more difficult and diagnosing was a little more tricky and it may take additional time. If the problem comes back I will let you all know what I had done to resolve the problem and I will try your suggestions. Thanks

Some customers are like that. You're welcome, though.

Custom Search