PDA

View Full Version : C6500 Reverse Unit Jamming, "eating" sheets and J9401

Custom Search

mrwho
07-11-2012, 10:27 PM
I've got a C6500 that will, from time to time during the day, jam on the reverse/duplex section and, when we open it to remove the jam, we find, at the right end of the reverse section, a page from a job done before the actual job that jammed.

Anyone ever got this? I just swapped the two motors from the reverse section just to see what happens, but as of now I'm stumped...

dljorg
07-13-2012, 05:26 AM
How did that extra paper get in there with no other jam code? Check counters for this.

In duplex with a machine with that many copies maybe the duplex gate solenoid is worn or sticking? I/O 82-0 operates the gate.

ADU clutches?

White rollers in duplex drop down section have brass bushings that gunk up. Everything moving freely there?

Possible that the gray rubber rollers in the ADU are getting to the end too.

empiru
07-16-2012, 08:16 PM
How did that extra paper get in there with no other jam code? Check counters for this.

In duplex with a machine with that many copies maybe the duplex gate solenoid is worn or sticking? I/O 82-0 operates the gate.

ADU clutches?

White rollers in duplex drop down section have brass bushings that gunk up. Everything moving freely there?

Possible that the gray rubber rollers in the ADU are getting to the end too.

First of all, I would check if the jam occurs on 13x19 paper as well as on A4/Letter.
Then I would clean all the sensors with compressed gas.
Then, as dljorg said, I would check that solenoid (just activate/deactivate it 20-30 times to see if it is responding every single time).

inutelkamo
07-19-2012, 10:05 AM
Hey there...

just discover this a while ago.. jamming on reverse side of 6500..
on the guide plates below, on the reverse process area, found out that there were tapes, like Mylar, which help guide the paper through, but if those tapes(plastic guides) deform, it will cause eating or folding side of paper and result to jam..

what im suggesting dont run the unit and observe, open the ADU and manually pass 11x17 sheet and find where it stuck.

Hope would help!

Custom Search