PDA

View Full Version : 500ci series FALSE ADD TONER

Custom Search

cbs
07-16-2012, 04:07 AM
As a heads up to anyone experiencing developer unit problems with the 500ci series... This week I received a call on a 400ci displaying ADD TONER (cyan) even though the cartridge was not empty. Great, I'm thinking, toner motor, devloper drive, developer unit, etc. On-site ran SIM 155 and saw the cyan sensor reading high but the numbers were changing a little. I checked the toner motor (working), then pulled the developer unit (gears turn smoothly), then I pulled the toner sensor... after turning the gears a little, I noticed a 1/4" x 1/2" seal of some sort working its way across the toner sensor opening! Yeah... an obvious issue (and a relief because Kyocera had the Cyan developer units on backorder). Reassembled dev unit and everything worked great. There was no seal missing from the dev unit so I guess a worker in China dropped one in during the manufacturing process and didn't take the time to "fish it out"

So, I'm posting this just so there's something to remember to check for regarding this issue. Hope it helps.

b3p0
07-17-2012, 10:46 PM
Hmm, Thanks for the heads up.
I have a 300i in my shop right now with that same issue.
It took a lightning strike thru the LAN and toasted the NIC on the mainboard. Replaced the board and it says add K toner, even with a brand new OEM cartridge. We blamed the reman place that suppled the mainboard because the old board never had that issue. Their supposed to be sending us another one. I'll see what happens, and if it comes up again i'll make sure to check the dev unit.

cbs
07-17-2012, 10:56 PM
Yeah, it's the TD sensor wiper blade that's supposed to stay attached to the auger in the developer unit; but it obviously comes off!

JustManuals
07-18-2012, 06:52 AM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

madas
07-19-2012, 04:35 AM
Hmm, Thanks for the heads up.
I have a 300i in my shop right now with that same issue.
It took a lightning strike thru the LAN and toasted the NIC on the mainboard. Replaced the board and it says add K toner, even with a brand new OEM cartridge. We blamed the reman place that suppled the mainboard because the old board never had that issue. Their supposed to be sending us another one. I'll see what happens, and if it comes up again i'll make sure to check the dev unit.

Hi

we had one that turned out to be the HDD, only found it by luck as we needed the HDD for another m/c TA-250ci when we put the new one in the toner error went away and have not heard from them since.
Although we changed HDD to another m/c we did not get the problem from the m/c that received the HDD for toner and not long after it was swapped out for a new m/c

madas

Custom Search