PDA

View Full Version : IC-409 on C650 "Power on Controller"

Custom Search

Gaffers01
07-16-2012, 11:50 AM
I have a problem with a Fiery, we have just recieved a C650 back off of contract.
Which we were going to put an IC-409 controller (which we had in stock),
but i get an error message on the display which says to "Power on the Controller"

I am a KM service engineer but very rarely look at controllers and any help from someone who has more knowledge on these would be gratefully appreciated.

Avskrap
07-16-2012, 12:10 PM
Did you activate the correct controller in the service menu? If so, make sure the interface cable is correctly installed and not broken/twisted (happens more often than you'd think). Try rebooting the controller, holding the LED button on it until it powers down, turn the power off on the MFP, start up the controller fully until the display reads "00", then power on the MFP. Make sure it doesn't read "FF" or gets stuck at "75". If it does, there's a problem with the controller.
If that all seems fine and dandy, try reapplying the OS to the controller, along with all the patches.

If that still doesn't do it, you've got yourself either a HW problem with the controller, or the MFP.

Gaffers01
07-16-2012, 12:39 PM
[QUOTE=Avskrap;301802]Did you activate the correct controller in the service menu? If so, make sure the interface cable is correctly installed and not broken/twisted (happens more often than you'd think). Try rebooting the controller, holding the LED button on it until it powers down, turn the power off on the MFP, start up the controller fully until the display reads "00", then power on the MFP. Make sure it doesn't read "FF" or gets stuck at "75". If it does, there's a problem with the controller.
If that all seems fine and dandy, try reapplying the OS to the controller, along with all the patches.

If that still doesn't do it, you've got yourself either a HW problem with the controller, or the MFP.

Thanks for the quick reply, I have tried a different cable and get the same error but i do get the "00" on the fiery display.

So i hope its the OS or patches, do I upgrade the OS/patches through the MFP, or do I need to do it direct to the fiery with a crossover cable?

Avskrap
07-16-2012, 12:50 PM
Directly through a computer to the controller. Try patching it first, if not you have to reinstall the OS. Good luck! :)

TheOwl
07-17-2012, 12:24 AM
You won't be able to patch the Fiery until you have completed the initial setup.

When you run up a Fiery for the first time, it automatically goes into setup mode where you need to setup everything from the controller date and time to networking protocols. Until this is done, you won't be able to contact the Fiery over the network until the setup is complete.

Avskrap
07-17-2012, 07:59 AM
You won't be able to patch the Fiery until you have completed the initial setup.

When you run up a Fiery for the first time, it automatically goes into setup mode where you need to setup everything from the controller date and time to networking protocols. Until this is done, you won't be able to contact the Fiery over the network until the setup is complete.

But he should still be able to access the Fiery from the MFP, right? He says it just shows "Power on Controller", wich to me sounds like there's a problem.

TheOwl
07-17-2012, 11:39 PM
The message means that the machine and the Fiery aren't talking to one another.

Even if the machine does go into Setup Mode, the copier should know this, but apparently the machine is still waiting for the Fiery to power up and the Fiery is waiting to be setup.

I would suggest going through the install procedures again to make sure that nothing was missed and if everything seems right there, then I would reload the System Software.

Gaffers01
07-18-2012, 11:44 AM
The message means that the machine and the Fiery aren't talking to one another.

Even if the machine does go into Setup Mode, the copier should know this, but apparently the machine is still waiting for the Fiery to power up and the Fiery is waiting to be setup.

I would suggest going through the install procedures again to make sure that nothing was missed and if everything seems right there, then I would reload the System Software.

I cant even do the setup.
Does anyone know where i can get the OS from as all i can find on the infohub is the patches!

Albonline
07-18-2012, 01:20 PM
The rip is not the problem if it goes to 00. you have an interface problem. either cables or the interface board on the copier. playing with the system code reload will just be a waste of time.

TheOwl
07-18-2012, 11:23 PM
Didn't you say that the Fiery unit was a brand new stock item?

If it was, then the System Software disks would have been in the box with the drivers and CommandWorkstation.

Gaffers01
07-19-2012, 09:20 AM
Didn't you say that the Fiery unit was a brand new stock item?

If it was, then the System Software disks would have been in the box with the drivers and CommandWorkstation.

Yes it is a new Fiery, but unfortunately all the bits that were with it are missing.

Is the OS an ISO file as I found an IC-409 ISO file on our Service PC.

TheOwl
07-20-2012, 12:18 AM
Yeah it is, you can then burn the ISO off or run something like Daemon Tools to emulate a DVD ROM so you don't have to burn it.

Gaffers01
08-15-2012, 01:02 PM
Thanks for everyones help,
I reloaded the operating system and all worked fine.

Synaux
08-22-2012, 11:28 PM
I just wanted to point out that this is a known issue (for anyone looking for help on this topic after the fact)--I believe it is located in the troubleshooting documents from Konica and as seen in this post, reloading the software is really the only option.

dami1405
03-31-2017, 02:58 PM
I am having the same problem with Feriye IC-409 and Minolta C-650
Power Controllers - where he could get the system disk I have not got the ripom

If you can somehow help would be very grateful

Synthohol
03-31-2017, 07:16 PM
i dont want any money from you but if you contribute to this site ill give you a download link for the ISO.
just an offer :)
ask anyone ive helped, im a man of my word.

dami1405
03-31-2017, 08:50 PM
I know a lot of information and sigorno someone can help, you can link to repair fiery

Synthohol
03-31-2017, 10:01 PM
i dont want any money from you but if you contribute to this site ill give you a download link for the ISO.
just an offer :)
ask anyone ive helped, im a man of my word.
when i see the http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/dbtech/vbdonate_pro/images/awards/contributor.png badge in your avatar ill send you the link ok?

Synthohol
04-01-2017, 02:53 PM
link sent.
do you want the user CD iso as well?

dami1405
04-01-2017, 04:29 PM
If you can still information have never filled the Fiery, the computer will not see on network Fiery which is the process of putting a new program in itself fiery

Synthohol
04-01-2017, 04:34 PM
i only have this in english, good luck.

dami1405
04-02-2017, 08:14 PM
Thanks for Synthohol (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/members/synthohol.html) help,
I reloaded the operating system and all worked fine.

Custom Search