PDA

View Full Version : drawer not lifting

Custom Search

brancas
07-18-2012, 04:52 AM
KM-6030 heavy duty cassette on right not lifting. Change lift motor but same result. Reset machine (U906), no joy,about to check forums and manuals any suggestions?

JustManuals
07-18-2012, 06:47 AM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Zackuth
07-18-2012, 02:05 PM
Look at the back of the drawer and make sure all the cables are in place. Also, look at the sensors at the back, make sure they are not loose and working.

blackcat4866
07-18-2012, 06:06 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by a heavy duty cassette.

1) Do you mean heavy media, i.e. MP tray?
2) Do you mean the 2 or 3 reams of paper, i.e. tray #3 or tray #4?
3) Do you mean an LCT (large capacity tray), i.e. PF-650 or PF-660?

I'm going to take a WAG that you mean tray #3. It's becoming more common for the customer to overload tray #3, and when they close the tray it busts off the paper empty sensor flag. The lift motor won't move at all until you fix the PE switch problem. The part number is not listed in the Harrier manual, but the same identical part is used in the Harrier2 (CS-620/820): 2BC06380
=^..^=

kkendric
07-18-2012, 06:55 PM
Sometimes when the lift motor for the large capacity deck goes it fries an IC on the Deck PWB.

brancas
07-24-2012, 04:46 AM
I'm not sure what you mean by a heavy duty cassette.

1) Do you mean heavy media, i.e. MP tray?
2) Do you mean the 2 or 3 reams of paper, i.e. tray #3 or tray #4?
3) Do you mean an LCT (large capacity tray), i.e. PF-650 or PF-660?

I'm going to take a WAG that you mean tray #3. It's becoming more common for the customer to overload tray #3, and when they close the tray it busts off the paper empty sensor flag. The lift motor won't move at all until you fix the PE switch problem. The part number is not listed in the Harrier manual, but the same identical part is used in the Harrier2 (CS-620/820): 2BC06380
=^..^=

KM-6030 1,500 Sheet x 2 Letter Size Paper Decks. went back to the customer changed deck pwb no change. Traced the lift motor connection to the engine board,to return with said board,
to trouble shoot.As if that was not enough customer has another KM-6030 this one cassette no2 lifts normally but tray does not stop lifting keeps hitting top section of drawer 2 making a loud knocking noise. if there is more than 30 sheets of paper drawer lifts normal but less than that or empty starts knocking. changed paper feed unit and lift motor no joy. to try engine board on this one as well.

Zackuth
07-24-2012, 02:01 PM
KM-6030 1,500 Sheet x 2 Letter Size Paper Decks. went back to the customer changed deck pwb no change. Traced the lift motor connection to the engine board,to return with said board,
to trouble shoot.As if that was not enough customer has another KM-6030 this one cassette no2 lifts normally but tray does not stop lifting keeps hitting top section of drawer 2 making a loud knocking noise. if there is more than 30 sheets of paper drawer lifts normal but less than that or empty starts knocking. changed paper feed unit and lift motor no joy. to try engine board on this one as well.

I had a machine that wouldn't stop lifting with low paper in it. After looking at the tray for about 15 minutes, I saw that one end on the bottom tray had been bent down slightly, preventing the paper from contacting the sensor. I took the tray out and bent it straight, worked fine.

It does sound as though the sensors on the back where the tray sits are not working or knocked free.

blackcat4866
07-24-2012, 06:16 PM
=^..^=

What about the paper empty switch flag? =^..^=

kingpd@businessprints.net
07-24-2012, 08:49 PM
Two paper drawer problems with two different machines and same customer. Two 60ppm machines tells me they're central or multi-departmental copiers with a lot of different users.

I'd wager your customer is the problem.

Too many dumb idiots with no common sense or respect for the office equipment. You can't overfill paper drawers and you can't slam the hell out of them when you shut the paper drawers. Also, you shouldn't open them while paper is being pulled from the drawer.

I've seen all those scenarios too many times...it causes damages and problems.

Oh, and kicking the drawers doesn't help either.

dickierock
07-25-2012, 03:49 PM
I'd be amazed if you had two bad engine boards in the same place without a major electrical fault.Sensor problems my guess.

kkendric
07-25-2012, 07:10 PM
Have you tried the deck board? The deck board controls the large capacity paper drawers(1 & 2), limit sw, paper feed motors for 1 & 2,
etc.

jolly_olly
07-25-2012, 07:51 PM
Ive had the lift problem before .going up and not stopping and also wont lift and on five occasions was the long sensors back of the 2 trays .when the draw gets slammed by customer breaks them or knocks them out. i just move them around to test or disconnect them one by one.;)

blackcat4866
07-28-2012, 02:14 AM
... It's becoming more common for the customer to overload tray #3, and when they close the tray it busts off the paper empty sensor flag. The lift motor won't move at all until you fix the PE switch problem. The part number is not listed in the Harrier manual, but the same identical part is used in the Harrier2 (CS-620/820): 2BC06380
=^..^=

I had this exact situation today. Whomever is overloading the trays has managed to bust off three of four possible PE flags on two different CS-6030's. At least they're consistent, and thorough. This is the last time it will be free. =^..^=

Custom Search