PDA

View Full Version : Develop 4700iD Drum assembly removal procedure

Custom Search

Mikey
07-18-2012, 02:02 PM
I'm trying to remove the drum assembly of Develop 4700iD but I couldn't find the lock. I already removed the screws holding the drum assembly but I can feel that there is secret lock which I have not yet released. Learning the removal of the drum earlier will save time in the future when there is need to replace parts in the assembly or if some papers rolled up inside and stuck.
Kindly provide me pictorial guide on how to remove the drum unit assembly. Many thanks.

Darren King
07-18-2012, 05:22 PM
Same as Minolta Di470. There is not a lock. Just two release screws that you can't actually remove. They are located at each end of the drum unit inside a kind of tube with smaller screws in front of them. Just turn the inner screw until it is loose and pull on the handle, it should slide right out. Be sure to lower the transfer assembly with the grey lever before pulling out the drum unit.
Darren

Mikey
07-22-2012, 09:28 PM
Same as Minolta Di470. There is not a lock. Just two release screws that you can't actually remove. They are located at each end of the drum unit inside a kind of tube with smaller screws in front of them. Just turn the inner screw until it is loose and pull on the handle, it should slide right out. Be sure to lower the transfer assembly with the grey lever before pulling out the drum unit.
Darren

Thanks for your reply Darren. I have seen and loosen those two screws that you mentioned but I can hardly slide out the drum unit assembly. That is why I went to ask for the procedure. I have to be careful and precise in this kind of operation. I am thinking maybe there is something else still holding the unit. Anyways, I will try again if there is a chance. The copier Develop 4700iD is in good running condition as of this moment. I will have to wait again for another opportunity.

Hansoon
07-23-2012, 05:38 AM
Drums tend to get stuck on the drum shaft of the machine some times. Only solution is to use carefully applied force and in severe cases the removal of the flywheel drum shaft assembly in the back of the machine. This is a job for a trained technician.

Hans

Darren King
07-23-2012, 09:02 PM
I have had Di550/450s where I had to go in from behind and pound the drum unit out with a hammer. Needless to say the drum unit was useless after this procedure.
Another possibility is the bolt that holds the printhead. On the Di550/450 the bolt would fall down and get jammed on the toner hopper. I can't remember if the Di470 had this problem.
Hope this helps. Darren

Mikey
07-26-2012, 05:35 PM
Drums tend to get stuck on the drum shaft of the machine some times. Only solution is to use carefully applied force and in severe cases the removal of the flywheel drum shaft assembly in the back of the machine. This is a job for a trained technician.

Hans

Thanks for this very useful information Hans. I will take note of this.

Mikey
07-26-2012, 05:47 PM
I have had Di550/450s where I had to go in from behind and pound the drum unit out with a hammer. Needless to say the drum unit was useless after this procedure.
Another possibility is the bolt that holds the printhead. On the Di550/450 the bolt would fall down and get jammed on the toner hopper. I can't remember if the Di470 had this problem.
Hope this helps. Darren

It seems that forcing the stucked up drum unit out complicates the situation. I am maintaining more than 250 units of copiers (differrent brands and models) and learning procedures in advance and knowing the do's and dont's in advance really makes a difference. In case like this that you mentioned, I am already able to come up with a better judgement when the problem arise. Thanks Darren.

Custom Search