PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C 352 Data clear

Custom Search

zalim
07-18-2012, 05:18 PM
Hello everyone,

I have been having trouble with customers machine, after doing the data clear and error clear now its not printing BLACk anymore instead printing in Blue.
When i send a print from computer it prints perfectly but when i try to copy it using glass or adf its printing in blue everywhere, where BLACK supposed to be.

Any suggestions or tips?

Thanks in advance

knightfall
07-18-2012, 05:45 PM
you must have wiped out the copier default and changed black only to color, all you have to do is change it back to black only on the screen, that should copy in black only. then make it black only as your default and anything else you need, then do the following:

press utility/counter key
touch #2 User Settings
touch #3 copier settings
touch Default Copier setting
touch current settings
ok ok close close

then your set.
good luck

blackcat4866
07-18-2012, 05:50 PM
Just out of curiosity, what exactly did you expect to fix by doing a data clear?

Most times all you end up doing is adding new problems to your list of things to fix. =^..^=

zalim
07-18-2012, 05:52 PM
but where can i change the setting back to BLACK only? from service mode?
thats what i have been looking for but i cant find it plus there is no default setting option in utility>user settings>copier settings> i cant find any default setting here !

I was trying to fix a problem with Start button, which is fixed but as you said there is a problem with color now !

zalim
07-18-2012, 06:14 PM
the option to select current setting is in intial setting, is that what you meant?

blackcat4866
07-18-2012, 06:24 PM
the option to select current setting is in intial setting, is that what you meant?

Select Black & White copying. Go to that location and select Current Setting. That will lock in the current choices as home settings.
=^..^=

zalim
07-18-2012, 06:28 PM
Select Black & White copying. Go to that location and select Current Setting. That will lock in the current choices as home settings.
=^..^=

but that will also print color orignals all black,

my problem is, when i put a colored original on glass which contains colors like red, yellow, green, blue, black etc etc , it simply doesnt print black in that color copy,
it prints all the colors but messes up the colors which contains BLACK in them, it prints BLUEISH (more like cyanish) instead of black

mrwho
07-18-2012, 07:27 PM
but that will also print color orignals all black,

my problem is, when i put a colored original on glass which contains colors like red, yellow, green, blue, black etc etc , it simply doesnt print black in that color copy,
it prints all the colors but messes up the colors which contains BLACK in them, it prints BLUEISH (more like cyanish) instead of black

Did you run the gradation adjust? If you ask "how do you do that", then you're either not a tech or you don't have the necessary documentation (or both!).

zalim
07-18-2012, 07:35 PM
Did you run the gradation adjust? If you ask "how do you do that", then you're either not a tech or you don't have the necessary documentation (or both!).

lol i am a tech !

I did all the steps mentioned above, before i came here, they didnt work thats why i came here :D
I even have all the imp. documentation i need.

Did data clear,
thn i noticed the problem with blue replacing black.
I selected current setting from user settings>intial settings
to keep it print BLACK, it prints black but only if BLACK is selected and it prints all in black thn.

Selected auto color to copy a color original and it DIDNT WORK ! black simply wasnt there.

Checked my gradation settings, it was all 0 so i did gradation settings (gradation adjust)
still didnt work !

Thn i tried image stabilization, checked color regist (all of them were within -5 and +5 so nothings wrong there)

thn i looked for this problem in service manual but coudnt find anything so i came here for help ;)

mrwho
07-18-2012, 09:03 PM
When you say "black isn't there", you mean that, on a color copy, there isn't any black present? Not only a little?

On colour prints, does black appear?

And what if you scan a color original? Does black appear on the scanned PDF/TIF?

zalim
07-18-2012, 09:33 PM
When you say "black isn't there", you mean that, on a color copy, there isn't any black present? Not only a little?

On colour prints, does black appear?

And what if you scan a color original? Does black appear on the scanned PDF/TIF?

correct,

well on a color copy all colors have BAD quality and rough and no there isnt any black there, the other dark colors are very rough also, the darkest one is blue/cyan.

When i send a print from computer, the quality is perfect, the way i want it to be, when i do gradation adjust i print internal pattern and they are looking good as well but when i COPY from glass/adf, the quality becomes bad, when i select BLACK only it prints black only fine but when i select AUTO color, the full black copy turns BLUE and color copys show no black instead BLUE on its place.

Yes black appears on Scanned PDF/TIF.

kingarthur
07-19-2012, 08:57 AM
perhaps you could post an example of the problem, it might make it easier to diagnose..:)

Gaffers01
07-19-2012, 11:21 AM
Sounds like a problem with the scanner then,
I hate to point out the obvious but have you cleaned all the mirrors and glass?

Albonline
07-19-2012, 01:27 PM
you say you ran gradation, did you do the 3 of each thing? did it complete without errors?

zalim
07-19-2012, 11:42 PM
@kingarthur, ok i will scan it and post it here

@gaffers all done, all mirrors are cleaned perfectly, did it not once but 3 times already :(

@albonline, in gradation adjust there are like 3 options

i selected the first one, printed out the test pattern (it came out in A3), thn i put 10 A3 paper on original and lowered the orignal cover, values were all 0 but afterwards it was showing me values again, i did the same with 2nd option in gradation adjust ( i think its resolution mode) did same with it and after that with hight compression mode.

in Resolution mode it showed me an error but it was because the paper wasnt place on glass properly so i fixed that and after that it went smoothly.

Now I thing i am not very sure about, am i supposed to repeat the same step 3 times with each option in total 9 times? or just 1 time with each option in total 3 times ?

mrwho
07-19-2012, 11:56 PM
Now I thing i am not very sure about, am i supposed to repeat the same step 3 times with each option in total 9 times? or just 1 time with each option in total 3 times ?

3 times each option; total 9 times.

It's also recommended that you place at least 10 white sheets over the chart you're placing on the glass.

Also make sure the paper is white and not yellowish.

kingarthur
07-19-2012, 11:56 PM
you should run each one 3 times...so yes 9...however...it depends on your readings....in the 2nd column ( i think it says "conv value") all readings should be between +/- 100...in the last column "adj Value" it should be between +/- 60....if it isn't within....then you have to keep doing it until it does...or you have another problem. obviously if it falls within the range 1st time, there's no need to carry out the other ones....

zalim
07-20-2012, 12:05 AM
ok will give gradation adjust another try and will keep you guys updated.

zalim
07-22-2012, 05:54 PM
so guys,

Tried gradation adjust aswell still nothing, all the readings are within range tried image stabilization afterwards still nothing.

Here the problem once again.

When its full black, the print come out nicely.
When i send print from computer, it prints perfectly the quality is good
but the problem starts when i COPY something.

I copy a black original in full black and the result is fine
I copy a black original in auto color and the result isnt in black but instead its all BLUE.
I copy A COLOR ORIGINAL in black it prints it in all black fine
I copy a color original in auto color and it messes it up the color badly.

i am also attachibg the scanned files.

original:
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/217/rsz1original.jpg/)

copy
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/803/rsz1copy.jpg/)

orignal2:
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/850/rsz2original.jpg/)

copy2:
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/52/rsz2copy.jpg/)

i am out of clues, any help would be really appreciated guys

and thanks to the guys who are already trying to help !

blackcat4866
07-22-2012, 11:18 PM
Perhaps you could try these originals? It might tell you more:

I'm thinking that you're missing magenta and yellow, but only in certain areas of the copy.
=^..^=

zalim
07-23-2012, 12:28 AM
Perhaps you could try these originals? It might tell you more:

I'm thinking that you're missing magenta and yellow, but only in certain areas of the copy.
=^..^=

I have already tried similar ones, black dont show at ALL and all other colors are pretty messed up as well.
The thing is all the values in gradation adjust are perfectly within range and you are also right about
missing magenta and yellow, thats is the problem in full color the copy is very messy, black is not showing AT ALL and all the other colors are rough as well.

First i thought maybe magenta and yellow are having trouble and thats why the colors are so messed up later on i noticed that the black isnt there at all.

just a question, am i supposed to take our IUs before data clear? because i didnt do it with this machine, i have done data clear before and never actually took out IUs.

is it possible that i have to replace IUs? if yes thn why do i get perfect copy when i send print through computer?

blackcat4866
07-23-2012, 12:44 AM
Though I don't have a clear course of action for you, I can say with some confidence that if the prints look good you will not get any improvement by changing consumables, i.e. imaging units.

When you do the gradation, do the print outs appear with all the colors properly represented? I'm guessing yes.

Do you have scanning set up on this machine? I would set up a simple SMB folder on my laptop, then scan some color documents to it. I think you'll see the same color anomalies in the scans. I think it's unlikely to be a mirror or cable problem. It could be the CCD, or the board that does the image processing. Whatever the problem, it's likely to be expensive to fix. =^..^=

zalim
07-23-2012, 12:53 AM
yes when i do gradation adjust the print is very good throughout.
could be CCD but the thing i dont get, how DATA CLEAR can effect CCD? or any other board for that matter?

Doesnt matter how expensive it is, we got all the spare parts, boards we need, just need to figure out thr problem first.

blackcat4866
07-23-2012, 01:08 AM
I think I would think seriously before doing a data clear on any machine in the future. It rarely resolves problems. More often it creates problems. =^..^=

zalim
07-24-2012, 05:23 PM
OK SOLVED THE PROBLEM :D:D:D:D

it was faulty board near the assy :D its responsible for creating images, changed it and worked fine, i think capacitor on the board is faulty, going to change it and try that board on other machines :D

thanks alot for the tips and all the help guys really appreciate it :D you are all great ! love this forum ;)

Custom Search