PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta Bizhub 350

Custom Search

bebe.radescu
07-20-2012, 09:29 AM
Hi guys!

I am new to fixing printers. I recently had to deal with a bizhub 350 with the C3557 error. From what i understood the developer in the developer unit was very low. I set the ATDC sensor to 170 and it worker a coupley of days more. After that it had to be changed the developer. I ordered it, opened the image unit, cleaned the developer unit i replaced the drum and the doctor blade with brand new ones, put it back on i set the counters to 0 run F8 and it worked like 3000copies then it started to print the pages a little bit dirty, the drum unit begined to let some trails on the paper. I opened the pannel and saw that the drum unit wasn't getting cleaned enough by the doctor blade. I opened the image unit cleaned it again, did like 10 good clean copies and after that it begined to make dirty copies with trails on them. Any ideas and advices?

Thx!

Zeldaman
07-20-2012, 10:37 AM
Hi there!
For 250,350, 283 etc... it´s absolutly important to change the developer with the drum. Also resetting the life-counters.
Only changing one part, the machine will fail!

Greetings...

fixthecopier
07-20-2012, 11:29 AM
You should not have to change a doctor blade. The assembled drum is cheap. Change developer at same time clear counters and run f-8. Also, if there was a scratch on the right side of the original drum, you MUST change the dv collars. There is a thread on that problem and aftermarket collars are better.

Zeldaman
07-20-2012, 11:42 AM
Hi there!
One question: aftermarket collars? Where are they availible, i´m living & working in germany. This would be very intereting, ´cause the OEM-parts are CRAP!!! As long as i repair Minolta/Develop these collars are not worth a cent!:mad:

Greetings...

bebe.radescu
07-20-2012, 12:43 PM
You should not have to change a doctor blade. The assembled drum is cheap. Change developer at same time clear counters and run f-8. Also, if there was a scratch on the right side of the original drum, you MUST change the dv collars. There is a thread on that problem and aftermarket collars are better.

Thx for the advice man, but u see, i did all that. i cleaned the developer unit, i replaced it with a brand new one, i also replaced the drum and the doctor blade because they both come together in the package, i cleared the counters, ran f8, and it did work properly but after 3000 copies it began to print with trailmarks. i taught maybe some rollers may be dirty but it wasn't that. after the printing is done i can see leftover tonner on the drum in the same place where the trailmarks are printed on the paper. i open the image unit so i can clean it, i do it. after that it prints like 10 good copies and after that it starts again with trailmarks.

Darren King
07-20-2012, 01:36 PM
I think you have doctor blade confused with cleaning blade. Two very different things. The doctor, or leveler blade is on the dev unit and the cleaning blade goes against the drum to clean excess toner.
Did you clean out the toner recycling area on top of the drum unit. It may be backed up and coming out past the cleaning blade.
Also, if there is a worn ring on the end of the original drum you must change the transfer roller.
It is a good idea to replace the dev spacer rollers as well.
Darren

Tec1
07-20-2012, 05:08 PM
must be C2557 IU prob.

i'd just replace the unit.

i've just been putting in the Di350 IU ( have to cut notch out in upper section and remove drum shutter maybe modify pins the key units) have had pretty good luck.

Hansoon
07-21-2012, 12:28 AM
.Hi there!
One question: aftermarket collars? Where are they availible, i´m living & working in germany. This would be very intereting, ´cause the OEM-parts are CRAP!!! As long as i repair Minolta/Develop these collars are not worth a cent!:mad:

Schick mir ein e-mail:

touchpanel[at]rex-technika.com

Gruß

Hans

fixthecopier
07-21-2012, 11:04 AM
Thx for the advice man, but u see, i did all that. i cleaned the developer unit, i replaced it with a brand new one, i also replaced the drum and the doctor blade because they both come together in the package, i cleared the counters, ran f8, and it did work properly but after 3000 copies it began to print with trailmarks. i taught maybe some rollers may be dirty but it wasn't that. after the printing is done i can see leftover tonner on the drum in the same place where the trailmarks are printed on the paper. i open the image unit so i can clean it, i do it. after that it prints like 10 good copies and after that it starts again with trailmarks.

I am saying the problem is in the drum assembly. I use ones that are pre assembled, like come from factory. When we have to rebuild old ones like Di250, we get the problems you are describing.

Hansoon
07-21-2012, 11:24 AM
Sometimes the drum shaft, a plastic pin, breaks off and can cause such problems. We reinforce them generally with a metal pin inside (screw). Also can the plastic shaft wear causing the drum to move out of position.

Hans

Custom Search