PDA

View Full Version : Konica 7030 Blank copies from glass, internal prints fine

Custom Search

Vista David
07-21-2012, 12:26 AM
As the title states, I'm working on a Konica 7030 which is giving me blank copies when I copy from the glass. However, when I print a list from the machine internals, everything looks great. Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be the issue?

JustManuals
07-21-2012, 12:39 AM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

Shadow
07-21-2012, 03:35 AM
have you had any scanner related error codes?
did you replace the control board on the back of the machine and forget to reinstall the ribbon cable from the scanner?
do you have the paper sitting with the image side facing down?
have you tested the machine using the document feeder?
is the scanner unit hung up on a screw that it a bit too long for the cover between the slit glass and the platen glass?
these are just some things for you to check first. my bet would be on the ribbon cable.

Vista David
07-23-2012, 04:43 PM
have you had any scanner related error codes?
did you replace the control board on the back of the machine and forget to reinstall the ribbon cable from the scanner?
do you have the paper sitting with the image side facing down?
have you tested the machine using the document feeder?
is the scanner unit hung up on a screw that it a bit too long for the cover between the slit glass and the platen glass?
these are just some things for you to check first. my bet would be on the ribbon cable.

No, I haven't had any error codes at all. When I got there it was copying but there was a section at the top that was voided/blurry. I tried to clean the optics and afterwards the copies were all white. I disconnected and reconnected everything under the glass with no help. The tray for the document feeder was broken so I didn't test it trough the top feeder. The paper is positioned correctly with the right side down. The scanner moves freely so it's not hung up on anything.

mrwho
07-23-2012, 07:55 PM
It's odd that it gives out blank pages but doesn't throw out a CCD error code when starting up.

Something to check, according to the troubleshooting file I've got here: If the machine has a Fax kit, try to remove it and see if the problem disappears. If it does, try to put it back and check again.

If you open up the RADF and take a skyshot, does the scanner move accordingly?

Vista David
07-23-2012, 10:45 PM
I don't believe the machine has a fax option, but yes, when the RADF is up, the scanner moves accordingly.

pepper38_cnd
07-25-2012, 12:53 PM
Since your problem occured after you "cleaned the optics" it is more than likely that you shifted the angle of one of the mirrors. It is not going to throw an error as long as it thinks it is seeing all white at startup.

mabawser
07-25-2012, 01:12 PM
Since your problem occured after you "cleaned the optics" it is more than likely that you shifted the angle of one of the mirrors. It is not going to throw an error as long as it thinks it is seeing all white at startup.

Ill 2nd pepper, if it was alright before and only after you cleaned the optics will have knocked a mirror out slightly

Custom Search