PDA

View Full Version : KM c451 Loud Rumbling noise

Custom Search

barber782
07-23-2012, 04:51 PM
Hi all,

Customer has a KM c451 machine that has been making a loud rumbling noise. It is very hard to pin point the source of the noise. At first I thought it may be the waste toner box, however iv already checked and replaced. So far it doesn't seem to be causing any problems but I would much appreciate it if anyone could help or suggest what is generating the noise.

Thanks

mrwho
07-23-2012, 07:49 PM
Hi all,

Customer has a KM c451 machine that has been making a loud rumbling noise. It is very hard to pin point the source of the noise. At first I thought it may be the waste toner box, however iv already checked and replaced. So far it doesn't seem to be causing any problems but I would much appreciate it if anyone could help or suggest what is generating the noise.

Thanks

Not trying to be a smartass or anything, but without any further info, if you were next to the machine and couldn't find what's wrong, then we're fucked.

What I'd suggest would be for you to use your phone camera and make a movie of the machine doing it (with sound). Key points are:

a) What kind of noise are we talking about?
b) Does it do it always? Or only at specific times (while starting/ending a job, while stabilizing, etc).

JustManuals
07-23-2012, 09:47 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

barber782
07-24-2012, 10:43 AM
Thanks for the reply. The noise only occurs during and at the end of a print job. At the end it carrys on for about 10 sec then stops. So im thinking it could possibly be the fuser unit or transfer belt.

Zeldaman
07-24-2012, 12:11 PM
Hi there!
Look at the ITB-cleaning-unit & for the toner-recycling-pipes!
Greetings...

ineo+6501
07-24-2012, 03:45 PM
A loud squeal on this series is usually the transfer belt cleaning gears on the machine, there is a modification for this problem.

The other common problem involving a rumbling sound is when the black toner hopper is blocked up due to the "door" on the bottom of the black hopper not opening when the black IU is pushed home. The spring loaded "door" on the top of the toner pipe on the black IU itself breaks and doesn't open the matching "door" on the bottom of the black hopper. You can remove the springs on the hopper door and manually open it as a quick temporary fix.

minimerlin
07-24-2012, 07:29 PM
Hi all,

ThanksShould be possible to isolate a noise such as you report. Have you taken off the rear lower covers and checked the drives? Do you get jams? What other symtoms do you have with the unit? What work has been done on it recently?

Custom Search