PDA

View Full Version : Minolta 4050 C0040 error

Custom Search

Sgt. Hulka
08-10-2005, 01:02 AM
Any info on this code? I think its a fan but which one?

paulo feio
08-12-2005, 12:52 PM
Replace the fan at the top of the machine. the one that is at the top, near the optical section.

servmgr2004
06-05-2007, 03:36 PM
I have the same C0040 code on a Minolta 2050. Can you give me the part number for the fan that is bad?

tashima
06-14-2007, 12:42 PM
hi
for the motor fan the p/n is 9313-1310-61
but for the expensive cost the technogenius has been created an little trick (available in smarka.com) this consist in blocking the low speed of the fan thats fail not the high, by creating a jumping device in the pwb A please read about these.
god luck

Xtechn
04-04-2008, 03:55 PM
I have experienced the same problem with error code C0040 and I ordered the fan p/n listed above, installed it and problem still exist. That part number was for the fan just below the top squirrel cage fan. Does that error code also apply to another fan? Does anyone have it's part number or advise on how to confirm actual problem? I know this copier is old but it has a lot of features not cheap to replace.

---Thanks Bob

Luther
04-04-2008, 04:59 PM
The fan is the transport section suction fan, remove the transport section and the fan is located under it

mikeena
04-04-2008, 08:20 PM
well i will tell you what i have done to fix this. first i believe it is the suction fan motor. its toward the upper part of the machine on the back. if you move the machine away from the wall you will see on the back there is a section were the is some kind of filter. if you remove the pack and take a can error and blow this filter out it should work. be carefull kind of messy plus its glued to the back cover. one other thing to keep in mine is the machine is not to be pushed up against the wall. it needs ventilation for it. Another out point is on the back there is a sensor on the back of the machine that the cover blocks. make sure this sensor works and the cover is on right. failure to do so will cause the same error. I have never replaced the fan myself. I hope this fixes your problem

mitchl
04-04-2008, 08:56 PM
well i will tell you what i have done to fix this. first i believe it is the suction fan motor. its toward the upper part of the machine on the back. if you move the machine away from the wall you will see on the back there is a section were the is some kind of filter. if you remove the pack and take a can error and blow this filter out it should work. be carefull kind of messy plus its glued to the back cover. one other thing to keep in mine is the machine is not to be pushed up against the wall. it needs ventilation for it. Another out point is on the back there is a sensor on the back of the machine that the cover blocks. make sure this sensor works and the cover is on right. failure to do so will cause the same error. I have never replaced the fan myself. I hope this fixes your problem

I cant believe you remembered the back cover sensor gives you the same code, as soon as I read it it sort of came back to me.......... To much Grey Goose over the years I guess, but good call!

mdw
12-10-2008, 12:18 AM
Somebody please help me!!!!!!!!!

copytechman
12-10-2008, 01:14 AM
As others have said suction fan motor M4 failure to turn... been there, done that, quite famous for bearing failure and not spinning upto speed, its on the back right below the optics cooling fan, looks like a miniature blower fan.. Jeez I used to collect these! Good for cooling projects on a speed that works (usually it was the low speed that stopped working properly) Replaced many!
Regards and good luck!
A!

For the CF1501:
C0040 Fusing Cooling Fan Motor
2’s failure to turn
A Fusing Cooling Fan Lock signal is detected for a
continuous 3-sec. period while Fusing Cooling Fan
Motor 2 is turning.

mrfixit
12-10-2008, 01:31 AM
I cant believe you remembered the back cover sensor gives you the same code, as soon as I read it it sort of came back to me.......... To much Grey Goose over the years I guess, but good call!
I know you can't really be a tech, we can't afford Grey Goose, Absolute is splurging for us.

Cantechman
12-12-2008, 03:33 AM
Somebody please help me!!!!!!!!!

You can remove the fan, disassemble it, and add a little grease or oil to the rubber bushings on each end. If its not been used for a while that may be the problem. If it spins freely when you touch it you need to replace it.

mdw
12-12-2008, 09:25 AM
THANKS TO ALL.
After fiddling with if for days and contemplating opening the back, found that small connector was loose - that solved it!!!

Custom Search