PDA

View Full Version : C652 finisher disappears

Custom Search

Gort
07-24-2012, 05:51 AM
I have a C652 where the finisher (FS-526) randomly does not communicate when coming out of sleep/low energy mode. The paper jams in the relay unit as the finisher acts like it is not connected, no power or control signals from the main body.
The display does not show the finisher, when it jams. If I power cycle the main power the finisher comes back on line and will be fine for a few days or weeks. This has happened about 10 times in the past 2 months.
I have replaced the finisher wiring harness, finisher control board, finisher to engine wiring, relay unit board and wiring, re-flashed the machine firmware
Before replacing all boards, memory, complete wiring and random parts I thought I would ask here.

ineo+6501
07-24-2012, 09:39 AM
Had this symptom recently on a C550. It turned out to be a failing main power supply PCB on the machine, it was nothing to do with the finisher.
Hope this helps.

EarthKmTech
07-24-2012, 02:13 PM
i also had the same symptom on also a c550 and it was also the power supply!

bit of a common theme going here :cool:

blackcat4866
07-24-2012, 06:10 PM
My experience with vanishing accessories on KM is that it's never caused by the actual accessory. I personally would start with the PRCB. In the one case when I was missing certain voltages on the power supply, it was caused by the PRCB not turning them on. =^..^=

Gort
07-26-2012, 05:13 AM
Replaced the main power supply yesterday, now a waiting game to see if the problem comes back.
Tech support had some reported problems with the finisher connectors. The plastic finisher housing on the engine was damaged when the machine was delivered. I thought I would first fix the obvious.

rrrohan
07-27-2012, 07:58 AM
We have been advised to not apply the finisher firmware to any of our C652 in the field as i can corrupt the finisher and apparently KM are investigating the issue.

B0265
07-27-2012, 11:53 AM
We have been advised to not apply the finisher firmware to any of our C652 in the field as i can corrupt the finisher and apparently KM are investigating the issue.
This problem should be fixed in fw ver C5 or later.

Custom Search