PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Card Reader

Custom Search

Lynn56
07-26-2012, 12:46 AM
I am trying to install a blackboard MF4100 card reader on a Bizhub 552 and not sure how to connect it to the machine ...not much to go on in the manual. I have never installed one of these before...any help would be great.

morpk
07-26-2012, 03:42 AM
I am trying to install a blackboard MF4100 card reader on a Bizhub 552 and not sure how to connect it to the machine ...not much to go on in the manual. I have never installed one of these before...any help would be great.

Normally you need a device driver so the Konica can see the card reader, once the device driver loaded then you go into service mode and turn the card reader option on i have mainly has experience with Y-soft (Konica approved) reader.

Are you a konica tech or a customer that has a konica >

Shadow
07-26-2012, 06:41 AM
contact the card reader manufacturer and inquire as to their recommendations for installation.
most of those companies have information, you just have to ask them for it.

Lynn56
07-26-2012, 04:37 PM
I am a minolta tech trying to install a third party reader and the cable that they sent me does not just plug in....the manual for the reader tells me to cut the end off and hard wire it in to the machine but no instructions of how to do that and yes I did call blackboard and talk to the support people and he said to contact my organization helpdesk what ever that means and told me that was all they could do to help [really]...I think it is to be connected to where you would put a key counter but the connector is wrong there too and would have to remove it also.

pepper38_cnd
07-26-2012, 11:00 PM
Did they give you a pin out or wire discription. You should have 2 enable wires, and 2 pulse ( count) wires ( the device may have more wires depending on the vending capabilities) but hese are the only wires you are interested in to connect. They would go to the key counter plug connecting to the corresponding wires on that plug. Then you enable the vending device in service mode, and set the message type to PLS SWIPE CARD. The rest is done by the card reader and the programming provided by the Administrator.

Custom Search