PDA

View Full Version : Printing Issues KM 652

Custom Search

Mita-Konica-Tech
07-27-2012, 02:54 AM
MFP firmware is F9; PCL driver is 1.2.0.0; Print server is Win2008 R2; workstations are XP SP3 and Win 7 PRO; invoice generation is being done by a custom application running on Win2008 server, pulling data from a database on a unix server.

Issue #1) Preprinted checks are numbered in order. Old BH601 printed on top side (as the checks are lying in the tray). C652 prints on bottom side (as the checks were lying in the tray), so checks must be put in tray face up. Checks are printed out of order.

Issue #2) Printing 3 & 4-pg. duplexed invoices from Win2008 server. When they have a 4 page invoice, prints correctly. When they have a 3-page document, the third page of the invoice prints on the back of the 2nd page rather than the front. Previous BH601 worked correctly.

additional note: putting the pre-printed (numbered) checks face down in the by-pass tray is my only temporary work around, but they need the cassettes because they print thousand of checks everyday....

Just removed 4 BH-601's and replaced them with the BH-652 and now the account is basically down since all there applications are printing incorrectly...what a nightmare....! The customer is having a meltdown, since they are required by law to perform certain check printing everyday...

I checked KM knowledge base, but found nothing and tech support was a two hour wait...as usual...! What setting am I missing...? Any advice or support would be appreciated in advance.... I will do a little more research tonight and updated post....hopefully its nothing stupid I missed in setup's....

Mr Spock
07-27-2012, 04:10 AM
Is this the color 652 or black and white 652?
As a word of caution the newer print drivers are set to duplex every thing every job. Go into all pc's and change to single sided to help rule that out on both issues.

issue 1) what do you have checks set for (plain, thick 1, letterhead)? I have seen all the newer products print letterhead 2- sided even when it is a 1 sided print job. And yes it is counted 2 on meters. Try setting tray to a color (pink) on the machine and then print to it and see if that will work for you. By setting the paper to a color it should not be selected on a normal print job.

issue 2) Check the default print order. Either the job is printing n-1 or the driver is set for it. This will cause the job build to be backwards causing the issue you describe. Also this setting may help the check job IF they only insert the correct amount of checks.

Mita-Konica-Tech
07-27-2012, 04:50 AM
Thank you for your quick response:

Yes it is a B/W 652 and the driver is set for plain paper...

I did verify that the driver was set to Single Sided printing...when I originally installed on server...I have seen that issue before with the new driver printing (defaulted) DBL sided.

I'm thinking it has something to do with the "overlay" process...I plan to be at the customer site in the late morning and will verify again the settings both on the servers (note the driver setup on three virtual servers and shared across two networks...let just say it's a bit complicated) and the PC's... I also tested both the PS and PCL drivers on the network both have the same result...so I'm thinking it's in the way it processes the overlay print job... or maybe I'm missing the complete picture...LOL

They were not happy campers when I was leaving today, they had to void out over a thousand checks... I will do a little more research and review driver settings and keep you posted....

SmellsHot
07-27-2012, 12:45 PM
What if you tried the 601 driver for the 652?

Mita-Konica-Tech
08-08-2012, 04:42 AM
Sorry for the late follow up on my original post.Solution: I installed LCT's on each unit and problem solved... These units are built on the same frame as the C652 and paper path is not the same as a BH601...DUH..! So what this came down to was a simple work flow issue which I should have thought through on day one...

blackcat4866
08-08-2012, 07:33 PM
Issue #1) Preprinted checks are numbered in order. Old BH601 printed on top side (as the checks are lying in the tray). C652 prints on bottom side (as the checks were lying in the tray), so checks must be put in tray face up. Checks are printed out of order. How can this be? The C652 should print the top paper surface first from the paper trays. The only way to do this would be to intersperse other images between the check images. The check image would have to be images 2, 4, 6, 8, etc. of a duplex print job. What happens when you print from your laptop? I know you won't be able to do the checks, but any printing. Does it still print the bottom side of the paper as it sits in the tray? Unlikely. Are the checks printing in reverse order: 10, 9, 8, 7, ... ?
Issue #2) Printing 3 & 4-pg. duplexed invoices from Win2008 server. When they have a 4 page invoice, prints correctly. When they have a 3-page document, the third page of the invoice prints on the back of the 2nd page rather than the front. Previous BH601 worked correctly... Again bizarre! Are they using the old bizhub 601 print driver to the C652? I had a case ... I'm trying to remember ... where some PC's could print, and others not. The Win7 clients and server 2008R2 had all been loaded with a C650 print driver (when printing to a C652). The Win7 OS client were smart enough to automatically update the driver, and fixed themselves. The Server2008R2 box could not update itself. "You mean a C650 is different than a C652?" Oh, about 10 years it's senior by the calendar. =^..^= Sorry, didn't read all the way to the end. It's already solved.

Custom Search