PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous BIZHUB C250 vs C252

Custom Search

copymaker
07-31-2012, 01:40 PM
Hello,
I am a Ricoh channel tech andvery new to Konica Minolta .My boss is planning to buy a lot of C250 and C252.We are interested to use one of the both for rental purposes and the other model for showroom sales.

As I do not know anything about these units.I need guidance of KONICA MInolta techs for the above said models.What are the major issues with these models and which model is comparatively better and with less maintenance cost.

Are the printer scanner and other facilities are same in both machines or we have to arrange any print controller/scanner option seperately for one or both models like our Ricohs..
waiting for an urgent and brief reply.
Regards.

Darren King
07-31-2012, 01:55 PM
I would recommend talking him out of C250/252. I have a bunch of these in the feild and they are service hogs. IUs barely last full life. Kind of expensive to maintain. If you can get him onto the C203/253/353 line of machines he will be much happier. IUs last a lot longer and with KonMin special firmware you can shut off all consumable warnings and run them until they are done.
Just my two cents
Darren

Shadow
07-31-2012, 02:30 PM
I agree with Darren on this one. The C250/252 are nothing more than a glorified boat anchor.
The C203/253/353 series are a great machine and they are no where near the service hogs
of the C250/252. These machines have proven themselves in the field time and time again.

Just take the advise and disable the consumable warnings and your service time is greatly reduced.

EarthKmTech
08-01-2012, 12:27 PM
i agree with everyone, c250/c252 and especially c352 are colossal pieces of shit.

c203/c253/c353 are brilliant machines and dangerously reliable (for a technicians employment)

emujo
08-01-2012, 01:33 PM
Your profile says your from Pakistan...thanks for posting in "ledgible" English...It sounds like you are obtaining a bunch of wholesale MFPs...In companies I have worked for in the past, that meant all those POS MFPs that are covered in dust and can barely crank out a copy are sold and shipped off to some 3rd world country and resold as the "newest" line out there..what you are getting is machines that are close to 8 years old, worn out, neglected, and close to the point of no replacement parts..If you have to go this route, I would keep at least 1/2 of all you obtain just for parts...Also keep in mind that network technologies have changed in the last 1/2 dozen years..these older MFPs may not support the newest OS's, latest version of exchange and so on...Even the C353 series is outdated here in the US. Emujo

Darren King
08-01-2012, 05:52 PM
"ledgible", is that when you read on a ledge? lol. Perhaps "legible". :)

Custom Search