PDA

View Full Version : Not Printing

Custom Search

shep
08-01-2012, 01:02 AM
i have a Di-3510 that a customer brought home from his business and wants it installed, the print driver loads but nothing will print, it will show that the print left the print cue but it never prints out, it will do this printing usb and threw the network. i also need to set up scanning for them. i believe the only option with this machine is twain scanning. i got it the twain driver downloaded and installed. however is does not show up in the program list to function. The machine does comuminacate with the network and the computer, i can ping the copier, i can open the command center and print out the reports threw that but nothing else will print. the machine does not ever even show it reaches the copier. i am not sure how to proceed with this. btw i am kyocera tech rep. not a konica minolta rep bear with if im just missing something really stupid... thanks for your help.. Mitch

Darren King
08-01-2012, 03:17 AM
These machines had either a PCL or a PCL/PS print controller. I would bet you have a PCL contriller and are using a PS driver. Instal the PCL driver and see if that works.
As for scanning, it was also an option. You need either the SU2 or SU3 installed. If you press the SCAN button and the display tells you that you need an option added, you can't network scan.
Darren.

shep
08-01-2012, 04:25 PM
the machine does have a scanner, plug all in information at the command center, however there is no section for smb scanning information it only seems to have Email, and ftp scanning sections. i will have to look and see if the driver is only ps instead of pcl. would it not install the correct driver when plugging in the usb cord if the print driver autoloads as soon as you plug it it?? thanks for the help.

Darren King
08-01-2012, 05:45 PM
There is no SMB scanning on this model. Only email and FTP. In my experience when a computer auto loads a driver it is usually a PS driver.
Darren

copytechman
08-03-2012, 11:23 AM
I would use FTP over SMB now anyway.. Microsoft keeps messing with the SMB protocol which for me has turned machines that were working for years with SMB into headaches! Just my 2c worth! I MIGHT use SMB on the latest models only and only with the correct set of ... well everything... (credentials etc etc)

Regards!
A.

TheOwl
08-08-2012, 12:14 AM
I would use FTP over SMB now anyway.. Microsoft keeps messing with the SMB protocol which for me has turned machines that were working for years with SMB into headaches! Just my 2c worth! I MIGHT use SMB on the latest models only and only with the correct set of ... well everything... (credentials etc etc)

Regards!
A.

It's not the fact that the SMB protocol is being changed, it is the other security measures that coincide with SMB that change. SMB / CIFS is more secure and faster than FTP anyway.

As for the machine not printing, the only driver available on Windows Vista and up, is the PS driver which is available via Windows Update. If you are using Windows Server 2003 or below, then there are drivers available via Konica Minolta's driver downloads.

If you don't have a PS kit and a later version of Windows, then you can use an HP PCL driver. You might loose some functionality, but its better than not printing at all. Again, the HP drivers are avaiable via Windows Update.

Darren King
08-08-2012, 12:56 AM
[QUOTE=TheOwl;305275]It's not the fact that the SMB protocol is being changed, it is the other security measures that coincide with SMB that change. SMB / CIFS is more secure and faster than FTP anyway.[/Quote

FTP is instant so I don't know how much faster you can get than that. LOL. I'm pretty sure they are the same speed. I use one or the other depending on the situation.
Darren

Custom Search