PDA

View Full Version : Network setting does not appear on c252 and c203

Custom Search

brianho80
08-01-2012, 04:29 PM
Hi experts,

Recently often had this issued on the above models.

Cant understand why network setting not appearing but somehow i can print out configuration page from print report.

I did system and data initialise, somehow it worked for first time but when i restart after changed of ip the second time, [network setting] not appear again. I did ping command and use router assign IP to machine, it seem no respond.

Do i need to flash nvram or upgrade firmware? Anyone can advise?

TheOwl
08-02-2012, 12:02 AM
I can sometimes take a long time for the machine to bring up the Network Setting menu which is enirely dependant on the network the machine is attached to.

You can try to see if the network settings come up quicker if you turn the machine on with no network cable plugged in.

Mr Spock
08-05-2012, 08:27 PM
Also it is possible to turn off the network settings in admin mode. I believe it is under the security settings.

Rapid Solutions
08-06-2012, 04:01 AM
Also it is possible to turn off the network settings in admin mode. I believe it is under the security settings.

If the network still does not appear. Problem could be the NV Ram faulty.

EarthKmTech
08-06-2012, 10:51 AM
if its set to automatically obtain an ip address and it cant, it will take forever to show up the network settings menu.

if its set to a static ip and still taking more than 5 minutes to show up you can reset the nic with the NVRAM recovery card. DONT DO THE NVRAM INITIALIZE, only initialize the nic.

If all else fails and you still cant get it working, you may have to initialize the nvram, this should always be a last resort though.

Custom Search