PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 250 keeps rebooting after changing to DHCP

Custom Search

Solotime
08-02-2012, 05:48 PM
I was installing one today and I changed the machine to DHCP so it could pull an IP address. Turned the machine back on and it pulled something like 11.22.33.44 so I knew that was not right. Changed Ethernet cables and turned machine off to re aquire and now it just sits at Konica Minolta screen for a few minutes then says please wait and reboots. Keeps doing this over and over. I have disconnected everything. Done the warm reset. Trouble reset. Everything else I can think of. It looks to me like the firmware crashed. If this is true does anyone have it available to send to me so I can reload.
Thanks!

emujo
08-02-2012, 06:43 PM
Try starting it with the ethernet cable disconnected...network issues will cause the MFP to reboot..usualy with an abort code...Sorry, can't help you with firmware. EMujo

Solotime
08-02-2012, 07:08 PM
Yeah I tried that. As I stated I disconnected everything and it still will not boot up. No abort code just Konica Minolta screen then please wait and the machine tries to restart and back to the KM screen over and over. The machine runs/reboots about every minute or so.

WildbillC
08-02-2012, 08:01 PM
Try this....
Unit will not fully initialize. It will boot up to the Konica Minolta display but then go into a reboot condition.
Description:
Unit will not fully initialize. It will boot up to the Konica Minolta display but then go into a reboot condition.
Solution:
CAUSE: Memory corruption.

SOLUTION: To perform a memory clear, perform the following:
1. Access the warm reset button on the right side of the main body to the front of the CF update slot.
2. After warm reset button is pressed, the machine will reboot.
3. Wait until the black dot appears on the left side of the Konica Minolta display. Press 3 on the keypad.
4. Enter the Admin passcode (default 00000000) and press End.
5. Select Total Clear.
6. Press Yes and then Enter.
7. Reboot the machine and verify operation.

Hope this helps

Solotime
08-02-2012, 08:06 PM
Thanks for the suggestion but after a LOT of years service KM machines, I know that doing a memory clear is a step not taken lightly as it clears all of the settings. Doing a memory clear requires going back and fixing a lot of now broken "stuff". Unless someone tells me different on the BH250 I would hesitate to do a total clear.

WildbillC
08-02-2012, 09:12 PM
I know total clear is pritty radical, have you tried reseating memory & the rampac?

copytechman
08-03-2012, 11:33 AM
If you follow the procedure given to you earlier does it get to initial mode? If so, when u exit it (without doing a memory clear) does to go to copy mode ? How about a trouble reset just for giggles? Or just recycle.. I don't like doing the "fixes everything" memory clear either... cuz guess what... it doesn't! Thinking memory corruption as well...

Regards!
A.

Custom Search