PDA

View Full Version : Minolta Di351

Custom Search

Will
12-17-2007, 11:00 AM
I have a Minolta Di351 with a PI3502 with the NIC that I keep getting a error when trying to print to it. I can go into the DOS cmd, and do a ipconfig, and it recoginizes the ip address. I can also try to do a ping command to it, and it replies back ok. I have the printer configured with the PCL6 drivers. When I look at the print queue it shows the job is there, but just says error and never prints the job. The OS I'm running is windows XPpro. I have no firewalls enabled. Any suggestions, desperate.

Also this Pi3502 has the scan card option installed inside the PI3502, but I get no indication on the status printout sheet. I get a display when I select the scan button on the copier which shows a bunch of empty squares and some indicator tabs like (addr, menu, etc.)along the top of the screen for various selections, but see nothing for FTP access. Is there something missing?

Will

kmcopytech
12-22-2007, 08:37 AM
1 \ set to LPR Print;

2 \ PI3502 enter the WEB pages, if SCAN project, it points set PI3502 enter the IP address and destination files, FTP software installed on your computer, can scan to FTP SERVER.

Will
12-27-2007, 02:45 PM
So you have to have some kind of software for FTP? Is that something that can be downloaded from Konica for the Pi3502 to work or does it have to be purchased elsewhere? If so where and what specifications do I need to know to ask for? I also just found out the OS its going to be setup on is windows2000 server.

Scott_Lewis
12-29-2007, 04:00 AM
So you have to have some kind of software for FTP? Is that something that can be downloaded from Konica for the Pi3502 to work or does it have to be purchased elsewhere? If so where and what specifications do I need to know to ask for? I also just found out the OS its going to be setup on is windows2000 server.

Yes, you need software running on a computer to transfer data using FTP. Pagescope Cabinet is Minolta's idea of managing ftp file transfers. I prefer to use a simple lightweight ftp program where possible.

You may still be able to find PS Cabinet somewhere on the KM site. Had a devil of a time finding it the last time I needed it. The software was included on the CD's that came with the copier.

As for using a third party FTP software package, if you know how FTP works? Go for it. If not, get the PS Cabinet as the instructions are included with the software.

kmcopytech
12-30-2007, 05:12 AM
FTP can use third-party software, such as SERV-U, you can create an FTP server, you can set different operating authority;

If there is support for POP3 E-mail, Can be easily scan to E-mail.

Scott_Lewis
01-01-2008, 05:10 AM
FTP can use third-party software, such as SERV-U, you can create an FTP server, you can set different operating authority;

If there is support for POP3 E-mail, Can be easily scan to E-mail.

I've found that it is possible for either one of these methods to be easier than the other depending upon the customer site situation.

I used to ask my client which method they wanted to use. I've since learned that this isn't a smart way to do things. They seldom can make an intelligent decision. Now, I ask how their work flows or their anticipated use for the scanned originals. Then I decide which transfer method _I_ want to set up.

My method usually ends up being SMB and then e-mail at that time or a little later. I NEVER go with e-mail first unless it is very clearly warranted due to their situation. I hardly ever use FTP anymore unless it is in a managed network situation and the Network Admin wants it for various reasons such as document distribution and management or I really have serious issues with network authentication.

As for TWAIN, if ya want it, ya gotta beg me for it. ;)

My goal is to first serve the clients real needs (not the perceived ones) and provide the experience of those scanned documents just 'magically' showing up on their computer. The e-mail scan has it place and purpose. But, most clients will choose that method simply because it is familiar to them on another level. Seldom is it the most effective method for their needs.

907tec
03-13-2008, 09:58 PM
Konica Minolta has a little FTP Utility for download on their website. The zip file is around 6 megs, but part of that is a pdf manual. Program has worked great for me in about every environment except for Windows Server 2000 (use the built-in windows ftp server, not this utility). Just gotta make sure ports are unblocked, firewalls opened, a/v programs are set to allow the utility, and finally that it is pinned to startup menu (dont ask how i know).

Custom Search