PDA

View Full Version : Minolta Di351/PI3502 networking issues

Custom Search

Will
12-17-2007, 11:01 AM
I have a Minolta Di351 with a PI3502 with the NIC that I keep getting a error when trying to print to it. I can go into the DOS cmd, and do a ipconfig, and it recoginizes the ip address. I can also try to do a ping command to it, and it replies back ok. I have the printer configured with the PCL6 drivers. When I look at the print queue it shows the job is there, but just says error and never prints the job. The OS I'm running is windows XPpro. I have no firewalls enabled. Any suggestions, desperate.

Also this Pi3502 has the scan card option installed inside the PI3502, but I get no indication on the status printout sheet. I get a display when I select the scan button on the copier which shows a bunch of empty squares and some indicator tabs like (addr, menu, etc.)along the top of the screen for various selections, but see nothing for FTP access. Is there something missing?

Will

wagon
12-17-2007, 11:21 AM
Is the memory in the print controller any good? I have seen these things play up when the memory was NBG. Be aware too that it is special memory NOT pc memory - even though it will work in a PC but PC memory will not work properly in the print controller.

Will
12-17-2007, 12:55 PM
I know its the memory that came with the controller. Is there a way to tell if its the correct Minolta memory and is there a way to test it?

wagon
12-18-2007, 12:33 AM
These units can work without the extra memory. Take it out and try it again.

blackcat4866
12-18-2007, 12:59 AM
Try unplugging the network cable from the printer and ping again. If there is something else with the IP address it may intercept the print job. If it still returns OK you can be sure there is something else sharing the IP. To be sure to get a unique IP plug in the cable, and just turn on DHCP and let the copier find its own IP, then add a port in your print driver configured to that IP.

Custom Search